Messy Hairstyles for men are the latest in trend amongst these. The messy hairstyles for guys are among what many like, given the way they create style statements. They can be teamed up for several occasions by creating variations in styles. If you think that these messy male hairstyles are suitable only for informal looks or for limited occasions, then you are wrong given the creativity used these days. They can be teamed as a fun outlook, official look or even funky ones for young guys. This is why they are considered as cool for guys as they are quite popular and can be teamed with short hair or medium length hair or as you wish. Hence read this article and see what the best messy hairstyles are for guys you like.
15 Latest Messy Hairstyles for Guys Will Blow Off Your Mind:
Below are the top 15 messy hairstyles for men that a person should definitely try out.
1. Medium Messy Hairstyle:
If a person wants to create a sensation in the fashion world, it is highly recommended that professional guidance be considered for that. This is why these are very popular these days due to the easiness of styling. Don’t need a huge amount of styling products for this style. You can set this style with the least amount of creams or even a spray of tap water from the bottle and some brushing with fingers.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is the best time for styling this up.
- Ideal Age Group: This style is best for men over 30 years of age.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style out for formal occasions and suit it up.
- Matching Dress: This messy hairstyle is best for funky T-shirts or even formal attire.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Men with oval and diamond face shapes with wavy hair are best for this style.
2. Short Choppy Look:
These popular men’s short messy hairstyles are quite liked and loved by many. This simple hairstyle is best for many and gives a decent and smart look. This men medium messy hairstyle and short styles in a similar way are quite diverse and can be styled for several occasions, be it formal or informal. This universal look hence is no wonder a favourite among all.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best season for this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their early 30s are good for this style.
- Matching Dress: Pair this with formals or casual shirts as per the occasion.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Try this style with the round face and any hair type.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits both formal meetings and informal gathering with friends.
3. Stylish Long Braids:
These long messy hairstyles for guys are often not suitable for many men. However, they are the latest trend and choice for several men in Asian and African continents now given the varieties of the way one can sport this look. This simple look is effortless yet makes you look very trendy and stylish. Try this look for sure if you are bold enough to carry off the craziness in this style. No other messy hairstyles for men are much different when compared to this messy modern hairstyle for men.
- Matching Dress: Pair this up with casual outfits.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoons are good for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: This style is good for casual outings and gatherings.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their late 20s and early 30s can try this one out.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: If you have an oval-shaped face and curly or wavy hair, you are good to go.
4. Frontal Choppy Locks:
This man messy layered hairstyle is quite a style to look at it. This is an absolute favourite given the way they are stylish and are loved by all. This is cut by layers and best suits young boys as sported in this picture. Teenagers generally love this look as these are quite rocking in style and are very trendy. You can try this style with rocking medium length hair and make an emo trend.
- Best Season to Try: All seasons are suits for this hairstyles.
- Ideal Age Group: Only young teenage boys are good for this look.
- Perfect Occasion: This style is good for casual outings or dinners.
- Matching Dress: Casual shirts and T-shirts are suitable and also pants or shorts.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Men with any face type and any hair type can try this out.
5. Messy Puffed Back Brushing:
This is a formal messy male hairstyle which is loved by several men who are holding dignified positions and managerial positions. In case you are wondering what that category of men cannot sport messy styles, you are wrong as this variant is absolutely gorgeous and loved by all. This style is quite formal and elegant and further raises the bar in style. This is one of the ideal messy haircuts for men who love the classic style.
- Ideal Age Group: Men over 45+ can try this one out.
- Matching Dress: Men should pair it with suits and tie.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is suitable for this look.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for formal occasions and corporate events.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Any face type and wavy hair are good here.
6. Back to Front Messed Sections:
These are among the cool messy hairstyles for guys as they are quite sporty and give a cool feel. This elegant look is more with the trend and dashing as this focuses on making a style statement and making a great impression. This hairstyle is easy to carry and maintenance, and it is great for teen guys. These should be professionally cut, and a person can easily style these without much of products or brushing.
- Matching Dress: Pair this with casuals as you wish.
- Ideal Age Group: Young guys are the best choice for this look.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and summer are good for this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Guys with casual outings are best or with parties too.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Round and oval face shapes with straight hair are good.
7. Puffy Short Look:
This is quite a popular choice for those who like to wear shorter looks and for those men who like to keep the length shorter and low on maintenance. These can be sported easily with almost any form of outfits like funky T-shirts or formal wear. Volumising shampoos can be used and also some wet sprays.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time for the style.
- Perfect Occasion: Wear this for regular office going style.
- Matching Dress: Men can pair this with a casual shirt and pants.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their early 20s and late 20s are good here.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Any face and hair type can try this one out.
8. Stylish Party Bangs:
This long messy hairstyles man are classic and great for a look. If you think long hair is irritating or not great, then this proves you wrong as this is quite stylish and trendy. They are easy to make and also maintain. This is one of the simplest messy look hairstyles for men. Try this out today if you want to make a statement.
- Ideal Age Group: Men over 30 years are the best choice.
- Best Season to Try: Any season can be the right choice for this look.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this messy look for corporate events and meeting.
- Matching Dress: This hairstyle goes with formal wear and suits to get the best look.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Men with an oval face and wavy hair are the best choice.
9. Choppy Hair Look:
This short messy hairstyle for men looks quite cute and sweet to look at. Guys who love to keep it simple, elegant and also charming can try this look. This is for young guys who want to create a lasting first impression with girls. This hairstyle makes it easy and also low maintenance.
- Ideal Age Group: Young guys and teenagers are right here.
- Matching Dress: Try this only with casual shirts and shorts.
- Perfect Occasion: This is a great look for date nights or dinners.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is an excellent choice to look at this style.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Try this with any face type and short hair.
10. Spiked Messy Hairstyles:
In this style, each strand of the spike goes in all random directions. Men look spot on in this type of messy hairstyle. The spikes in different directions make this style look more appealing. Guys who hate normal spikes because it looks too upright would find this style different. The wow factor simply makes this style attractive. Random spikes have a wild side to it, which many men prefer over the common styles for a change. This style is easy-going as it does not require huge styling products. The spikes can be made in any direction according to the face profile, and it takes a very little amount of hair gel or creams and making spikes using fingers.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is a good season to try.
- Matching Dress: This style is good with formal wear.
- Ideal Age Group: Men who are 30+ can rock this style.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for official meetings and events.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: If you have an oval or diamond-shaped face and any hair type, this is good for you.
11. Voluminous Top and Tapered Sides:
In this messy hairstyle, the top portion of the hair looks messy and voluminous. The strands of hair are placed randomly to look slightly messy. On the other hand, the side portions are tapered and cut short. This style is very common, and it is noticeable among the youth. The main attraction for this style is its simplicity. Men look damn good, and the compliment ‘cute’ goes in the mind of the women while noticing a man sporting this style.
- Matching Dress: Formals is a good option for the look.
- Best Season to Try: Summer season is good to try this out.
- Perfect Occasion: Attend formal shows or official events with style.
- Ideal Age Group: If you are in your late 20s and early 30s, then this will suit you.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Men with oval, round or diamond face with short hair can try this look.
12. Messy Bun Hairstyle:
This type of messy hairstyle may be called as ‘Caveman chic’. It is very simple to create a messy bun. It helps to keep the curl sorted, hence apt for men having curly hairs. Also, it creates a perfect impression on women since men look properly neat. This is an offbeat style among men. So men can go for this style, especially those who like variety. The messy bun is a recent trend which is not experimented by most of them. So, men, you can opt for it.
- Matching Dress: This is best with casuals and formals both.
- Best Season to Try: This bun style is best for the winter season.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their early 40s or late 40s can try this out.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for outings and gatherings or parties.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Men with oval-shaped face and curly hair are a good option.
13. Messy Hairstyle with Ponytail:
Though ponytail is an old school style, still it is equally popular nowadays. This is one of the popular styles for centuries. Much styling or managing is not required as a messy style with a ponytail can be sported without proper brushing. If we just take a moment, we can come up with the observation that messy ponytail is common among most music band members. Men having long hair prefer this one, and they also look neat. A strong personality is reflected sporting this style, and it just looks fabulous on men.
- Ideal Age Group: Men over 25+ can try this.
- Matching Dress: Try this style with casuals only.
- Perfect Occasion: This style is good to go for parties at night.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon is a good option here.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Men with oval-shaped face and any hair type can try this out.
14. Wet and Wild Messy Hairstyle:
This messy wet hairdo illustrates a carefree look. It is of no doubt that it would make them look cool and sexier than the other styles. This effortless style makes women more inclined towards the men who sport that wet wild hairstyle due to its high oomph factor. It is properly out of sync or no rhythm type messy hairstyling.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is best to try this style.
- Matching Dress: Casual clothes are best for this hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for gatherings and outings.
- Ideal Age Group: Young guys in their mid-20s can try this style.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Men with an oval face and round face with any hair type is good.
Read: Fade Haircut With Beard
15. The Buzzed Sides and Long Bangs:
This style consists of strands of varying lengths and spikes in different directions. Men need the courage to sport this type of hairdo. Similarly, men, while trying this messy style, need to be confident since you seldom find men sporting this style around you. The long hair with heavy layers, long bangs and tapered sides are the main characteristics of this type of messy hairstyle. These differences from the above types make this style more attractive and appealing. This is one of the nice styles for those who are eager to have individualised hairdos.
- Best Season to Try: This style is good for summer.
- Ideal Age Group: Men in their early 30s can try this out.
- Matching Dress: Formal wear is suitable for this messy hairstyle.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style for formal events and gatherings.
- Suitable Hair and Face Types: Oval face and round face or diamond face shapes are good with short hair.
- Apply good gel and wax to style this look.
- Trim hair often to maintain the look well.
- Wash hair thrice a week during summer and use sulfate-free shampoo.
- Work on a good hair mask to maintain the style.
- Good hair serum is a nice solution to maintain nice and smooth hair texture.
- Avoid heat-generating styling equipment.
Hope you enjoyed reading our messy hairstyles men guide. This guide will help you make the right choice according to face shape and hair texture. This extensive article reveals how best to style hair and gain a stylish look. These are among the top-rated trending styles for men and guys to choose from. We would love to hear from you about the styles detailed above and how best it helped you make the right choice.
Frequently Asked Question and Answers:
Q1. How to maintain the messy style for long?
Ans. Hair spray is your friend if you want a hairstyle to stick for long. If you want the messy style to stay for long, first apply good gel and wax and then end it with spray to maintain this look and style.
Q2. Can men with heart-shaped face choose a messy style?
Ans. Yes, heart-shaped faces can go with messy styles; it can also work well with square-shaped faces and round faces. All these shapes are good to go with messy type hairstyle.
Q3. Does round face shape go well with long messy style?
Ans. It is a myth that long messy style does not suit a round face. Round-faced men can try on messy style. It can give round faces an illusion of elongation and make it look longer. The hairstyle balances a round face and adds definition to the round face.
Q4. Does the messy style suit formal events?
Ans. Yes, there are quite a lot of variants in messy hairstyles. You can easily pick the wavy hair suited up style for trying out for formal events, and this can look good at such events.