Emo hairstyles for guys are the new trend. Many think that they are not suitable for everyone and is only done by those who are in a certain field and professions. They are totally wrong, it is an age-old myth, and now we have different styles and variants within the emo haircuts to suit several individuals. They are quite different from style, and the styles can change as per the personality and liking. Mostly preferred by those guys in teenage and youngsters, they are unique and definitely will redefine your personality. They suit every type of guy, and you would surely love it. Continue reading and check what emo guy styles you like most!
15 Mind Blowing Emo Haircuts for Guys with Images:
Here is a rundown of the top 15 Emo hairstyles for guys who are in search of one! So, go ahead, style and express!
1. The Spiky Look:
This is a medium length Emo boy hairstyle which flaunts high rising spikes all over. The hair around the ears is brushed down, and they almost touch the jawline. The hair from there until the forehead is cut gradually such that it is at its shortest near the forehead. Instead of being brushed back or brushed sideways, the hair (which is not a part of the spikes) brush forward.
- Preferable Age Group: This best suits guys below 24 years of age
- Best season to Try: Try this emo style in the winter season.
- Matching Dresses: This style suits casual outfits and jackets.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this emo style out for night events.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This suits oval face only with any straight hair texture.
2. Shoulder Length Emo Hairstyle:
This is one of the best and trendsetting Emo hairstyle for men with straight medium hair. This hairstyle comes under two categories of hair length, long as well as the medium. The hair, just like the one in the above picture, is brushed towards the front. There is hair parting on one side, which is not prominent. The hair is let loose above the forehead, which forms a kind of a playful fringe and almost covers the eye. The hair does not brush such that it looks polish; instead, it has a kind of a tousled and shaggy feel to it.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this style for men in their 20s.
- Best season to Try: This is best in any season as you wish.
- Matching Dresses: Try this style with casual clothes.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits music nights and events.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this with oval and round face with any hair type.
3. Emo Bob:
Emo hairstyle for men is a perfect example of a medium bob cut which perfectly frames the face of men. As usual, a parting line is absent, and the hair brush according to the hair flow. Some wispy side-swept bangs are present in the front which frames the eye. This hairstyle reduces the facial dimensions (or creates an illusion of reducing it) and hence is perfect for guys who have an oblong facial structure.
- Preferable Age Group: This emo style suits with men in their late 20s.
- Best season to Try: The winter and monsoon seasons are suitable for this emo style.
- Matching Dresses: Try this with T-shirts and jeans.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits regular day to day life.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This suits round face with any hair type.
Read: Best Wavy Hairstyles Guys
4. Medium Wispy Bangs:
This is among the best Emo hairstyles for guys almost similar to the one above. The one significant difference is the fact that the hair other than that which participates in the fringes is cut relatively short. And it is true for hair on either side of the head, while, the hair on the posterior side lefts long such that it reaches the neckline.
- Preferable Age Group: This suits men in their early 20s.
- Best season to Try: To try this emo style is during the summer season.
- Matching Dresses: This emo hairstyle suits casual outfits only.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style with casual night events and music or dance nights.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this with oval and diamond face with short, smooth hair.
5. Nerdy Emo!:
Having glasses along with any hairstyle doesn’t necessarily mean that the hairstyle is nerdy. However, this cute Emoguy’shairstyle has a nerdy vibe to it. The hair is brushed flat on the head with little wispiness all over. And this can generally be done by blow drying your hair while brushing it tightly across your head. This hairstyle kind of silhouettes the structure of the head. The hair in the front covers a maximum portion of the forehead. All of these combined provides a nerdy attribute to this medium length hairstyle.
- Preferable Age Group: This emo style is suitable for teen boys only.
- Best season to Try: This emo hairstyle suitable for the summer season.
- Matching Dresses: Try this with casual shorts and T-shirts.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits very casual night events or gatherings.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this style with an oval face and straight hair
6. Spikes with Bangs:
ThisEmohairstyles for guys with short hair features messy spikes along with eye framing bangs. This type of Emo hairstyles for guys suitable with short hair also which is a tad complex than the ones mentioned above, so, it is recommended that you visit your haircut the first time you style your hair like this. This funky hairstyle may also prove challenging to maintain too. In spite of all its shortcomings, one cannot disagree on how cool and sexy this hairstyle is.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this out with 20s guys.
- Best season to Try: This best suits any season as you wish.
- Matching Dresses: Try this super casual clothes.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits professional guys in art and music field.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this with short straight hair and oval face.
7. Messy Spikes with Front Frisky Fringes:
The unique thing about this long Emo hairstyle for guys is that the hair is spiked all over instead of just confining to a particular hair section. The front fringes cover a large portion of the forehead. You must utilize a hair hold gel in order to make those spikes more manageable.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this emo hairstyle for late 20s men.
- Best season to Try: This emo style is best suits summer.
- Matching Dresses: This suits jackets and T-shirts with shorts.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits casual music and dance nights.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this with a round face and long hair.
Read: Very Short Haircut Male
8. Frozen Side Spikes:
The spikes that constitute the hairstyle are frozen! No matter how you position your head, they will remain upright. Obviously, you would need a strong hold gel for the frozen spikes to keep them intact in place. This hairstyle too can be a bit complex for amateurs, so professional help for the first few times is advised. And this is one of the most popular Emo hairstyles for guys with thick hair and fringes on oval shape face.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this emo style with men in their late 20s.
- Best season to Try: This emo style suitable for the winter season better.
- Matching Dresses: This emo hairstyle suits formal and casual outfits.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this out with dance and club nights.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This suits oval face and thick hair.
9. Back Spikes:
Back spikes are one of the trend-setting and rocking Emo hairstyles for boys with long face shapes. This one is a tad different from general spikes as the spikes are present in the back instead of being in the front. The hair in the front is neatly polished along with short barely visible parting line. And this is among Emo hairstyles for guys with curly hair.
- Preferable Age Group: This suits young guys and teenagers.
- Best season to Try: Try this during any season.
- Matching Dresses: This suits casual outfits like T-shirts.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits regular college going, guys.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this with curly and wavy hair.
10. The Cute Emo Hairstyle:
Emo hairstyles are generally cute, but this one is extremely special. It is one of the cutest emo hairstyles for guys in their teens with medium hair. The quality of the hair plays a massive role in the process of attaining this look. It can be said to be one of the finest looks for boys who are into Emo bangs for guys. If you have thin, smooth hair that is not damaged to a certain limit, then you can rock this hairstyle with the help of straightener equipped with a hairdryer.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this with guys in their early 20s.
- Best season to Try: This is best in summer.
- Matching Dresses: This suits casual T-shirts.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this for regular lifestyle and day-to-day errands.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This suits any face type and straight hair texture.
11. The Elegant Emo Hairstyle:
Looking for Emo punk hairstyles guys? Here is something new. For these hairstyles also, you will need to have thin and smooth hair. It just helps with the styling that’s all. The front part of the hair conceals the forehead about 60%, and the rest of the hair covers the remaining 20% of that part of the upper face. It doesn’t cover the forehead. There is some room left for air to pass and for all the right causes this is one of the freshest and most stylish Emo hairstyles for boys and men as well.
- Preferable Age Group: This style is suitable for the late 20s and early 30s.
- Best season to Try: Try this in winter and monsoon.
- Matching Dresses: This suits formals with ties.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this with formal occasions like conferences.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This suits oval and diamond face type with any hair.
Read: Short Hairstyles For Men
12. The Asian Emo Hairstyle:
Boys in Asia generally carry this type of Emo hairstyle if they are into Emo culture. The front part of the hair looks adorable with all the parting and the concealment done to the forehead. It is cute, and also you can try the sport with stylish clothing. If you are willing to look cute and smart at the same time, then this Emo haircut will assist you in looking unique.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this with men in their late 20s.
- Best season to Try: This suits any season.
- Matching Dresses: Try this with jackets and T-shirts.
- Perfect Occasion: This best suits occasions like date nights or social gatherings.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this with any face and hair type.
13. The Blue Emo Hairstyle:
The previously discussed Emo hairstyles for men were on one specific level. This one just raised the bar and took a wild turn. The hairstyle comes with a good amount of blue dyed hair on the front. Most of the hair seems to be sporting normal black colour. On the other hand, the blue hair is something that will be suitable for all boys who want to play the part of looking different from others and have their signature hairstyle through which people can identify them instantly. And this is for Emo guys with blue hair.
- Preferable Age Group: Try this style with guys in their 20s.
- Best season to Try: This suits well during the summer season.
- Matching Dresses: Try this with casual T-shirts with shorts preferably.
- Perfect Occasion: This suits night music shows.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this with the oval face shape and any hair type.
14. The Dark Emo Look:
Dark Emo guy culture is not just about being yourself, having fun, going crazy, etc. There are many slides to this hairstyle, and this one is something that will be suitable for those who believe in themselves and make sure that they are confident enough not to live on the preferences of the other regarding beauty. It takes a lot of guts to sport your dark side, and this hairstyle is all about that. It’s like that you will be able to find yourself through carrying this hairstyle. If you have a medium to long hair pattern, then definitely try this look.
- Preferable Age Group: This emo hairstyle is suitable for guys in their early 20s.
- Best season to Try: This emo hairstyle is suitable for the winter season.
- Matching Dresses: This suits any casual outfits with quirky nature.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this style only for dance nights.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This suits any hair and face type.
15. The Summer Emo Look:
Emo hairstyles look the best on one who a good looking teenager or when a young guy sports it at a beach on a sunny day. The hair shows off its beauty, and everyone will be impressed by the way these hairstyles are made to look. It can also be said to be the beach look for boys who are into Emo lifestyle. When the hair comes with blonde highlights looks even more alluring and can be said to be something that will be suitable for all those who prefer sporting the Emo look quite often.
- Preferable Age Group: This suits men in their early 30s.
- Best season to Try: To try this emo hairstyle in the summer season.
- Matching Dresses: This style suits casual outfits.
- Perfect Occasion: Try this with regular social gatherings with friends and outings.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This suits any face and hair type.
Read: Full Beard Growth Tips
- Take professional help while trying these styles out as you do not want to go wrong with the styling.
- Take good hair care and visit hair spas once a month for maintaining coloured hair particularly.
- Trim the hair once every two months if you want to prolong the haircut.
- Apply oil mask every week to nourish your hair without drying it out.
These Emoboystyles are something that will take you off your feet! Hope you liked this article on Emo haircuts for guys. Please let us know your experience with Emo styling and what your choices were this season to look stylish and dashing.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Is Emo guy style possible with short hair?
Ans: Yes, the deep sidecut is good for short hair to do Emo style. Further, maintain spikes or fringes on top with a good holding gel. These can make you look good.
Q2. Do Emo boy haircuts suit everyone?
Ans: Yes, absolutely, cool Emo hairstyles suit especially teenagers and young boys. You can check out what is the best style that suits your face type, hair type, and decides on a hairstyle with suitable options. Given the large array of options available, you can for sure try out a style you like and that suits you the best.
Q3. How to grow out hair in case I want to change the style?
Ans: Regular trimming of hair helps in hair growth. Apply good oil masks often. Further, do not over shampoo your hair, whether it is short or long. Your hair will keep growing every day, and you can see a change in a couple of, and you can adopt the next style of your choice.