We all want to lose those unwanted pounds. But when you want to attend your favorite cousin’s wedding and have only ten days to lose weight in unnecessary areas, what can you do? What if we told you that there is a secret potion that will help you lose weight quickly. The answer is the cabbage soup diet for weight loss. It is a fat, burning soup diet. In other words, taking in fewer calories forces our body to use our body fat to provide energy.
Cabbage soup diet has been used for hundreds of years by many people. Although it has gone through some modifications to make it more appealing, it helps shed those dreaded pounds. Scroll down to know more details about the cabbage soup diet for weight loss.
What Is Cabbage Soup Diet?
The cabbage soup diet is a diet plan designed for a short term weight loss. This simple diet works like a fireball. Along with a little bit of exercise, it gives you the results in a week, where the traditional food diet may take a month to deliver.
Why Cabbage Soup:
This simple cabbage soup recipe for weight loss hits all the right cords in your body. This soup effectively tackles weight loss utilizing excess fat around the belly.
- Losing weight by following a diet and rigorous exercise can be time taking and requires stringent adherence. Cabbage soup is a diet that does not need much hard work. It can show great results in a short time with just half an hour of exercise.
- It is perfect for your body as its calorific value is low and is rich in fibre content.
- You get 15-20 calories for each 100 gm of cabbage soup.
- It provides a healthy amount of nutrients like proteins and vitamins when appropriately cooked.
- To make a bowl of perfect cabbage soup, you can add some more vegetables like carrots, parsley, mushroom, peas, and beans. They will add to the taste as well as its nutritious value.
How Does It Work:
The cabbage soup diet helps fire up your body’s metabolism and fat mobilization. Do you want to look ravishing for a wedding but don’t have much time? High fibre, low calories, low carbohydrates and low sodium in the cabbage soup help get you quickly into shape than a traditional long term diet. Sometimes Cabbage soup is included in the diet of obese patients since it is low in calories and rich in fibre (20 cal per 100 gm) of soup. The cabbage soup diet is a fad and helps people lose weight. There are many variations of cabbage soup that are in use for several years. The 7-day cabbage soup diet plan is one way to go if you want to lose weight.
Nutrition facts of Cabbage soup diet
Cabbage soup is a good source of fibre and vitamin C. It is low in fat and calories. The staple in your diet can also help you manage blood cholesterol, which lowers your risk of cardiovascular disease.
How does cabbage soup help in weight loss?
A bowl of simple cabbage soup has been famous for many decades. Through the years, many changes were made to the simple recipe to suit our palates. It is a diet plan that lasts for seven days, and one needs to follow religiously for promising results.
- A head of shredded cabbage, tomatoes, onions, garlic and some veggies of your choice with some broth are the primary ingredients of the cabbage soup diet.
- For seven days, you will have to eat multiple bowls of homemade cabbage soup along with some allotted foods.
- It is best to have 7 days for this diet and maintain a gap of at least two weeks in between cycles.
- You can add few tweaks to this soup diet to suit your taste, like veggies of your choice, pepper for some spice etc. And the nutritional benefits also change depending on the additions.
- Though cabbage soup may not offer many nutrients, by adding vegetables, you can get a few grams of fibre with each bowl that make you feel full.
7 Day Cabbage Soup Diet Plan:
Some other foods we can include along with the cabbage soup are mentioned below:
1. Day 1:
Cabbage soup, all the fruit you want to eat, excluding banana.
2. Day 2:
Along with cabbage soup, you can take any Non-starchy green leafy vegetables. Try to avoid dry beans, peas, and corn. You can eat a big baked potato with butter for dinner. But no fruit.
3. Day 3:
Include Fruits and vegetables from day one and day 2, along with cabbage soup. No baked potato.
4. Day 4:
You can eat as many as 8 bananas and drink as many glasses of skimmed milk along with cabbage soup. This is supposed to reduce cravings for sweets.
5. Day 5:
You can take six fresh tomatoes and 10 to 20 ounces of beef. You can use baked chicken without skin instead of meat along with cabbage soup.
6. Day 6:
You can eat beef to your heart’s content and vegetables along with your cabbage soup.
7. Day 7:
Along with cabbage soup brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices, and vegetables.
There is no specific time and place to consume cabbage soup, but you need to eat only particular foods for the span of those seven days, as mentioned. It is a diet form to lose weight quickly but doesn’t help long term.
Best Cabbage Soup Recipe For Quick Weight Loss:
Here is how you can prepare the best cabbage soup for weight loss fast. Let’s have a look into them.
- Five cups of shredded fresh cabbage.
- 6-7 cups of water or vegetable stock.
- Three celery stalk
- 4-5 beans
- one onion
- 4-5 finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Two thinly diced mushrooms
- One grated carrot.
- One teaspoon olive oil or sesame oil to flavor the soup.
- Use sugar and salt as per your taste.
- White and black pepper and coriander only to garnish.
How To Prepare:
- Bring the vegetable stalk to boil in a large pan.
- Now add all vegetables to the pan and mix well.
- Heat it on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt according to your taste.
- Add pepper, oil, and garnish your soup with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot to relish the taste of the soup.
Some slight additions may change the monotonous taste of this soup.
- You can add red cabbage to your soup; it has a much higher fibre content
- If you like your cabbage soup spicy, you can add an adequate amount of spice
- The addition of spices like ginger also elevates the taste.
- Meat is also optional. For vegetarians, you can replace meat with some other protein.
See More: Health Benefits of Drinking Hot Water
Benefits Of Cabbage Soup Recipe For Weight Loss:
Here are the benefits of cabbage soup for weight loss quickly. Let’s have a look into it.
1. Quick Weight Loss:
- It helps you lose weight at a fast pace in a short period.
- As each of our bodies is different, results will vary from person to person.
- This diet is mainly to lose weight quickly.
- Low saturated fats and zeroes cholesterol make Cabbage soup a perfect soup for weight loss.
2. No Starvation:
- You can consume this soup as many times as you want.
- You can also have unlimited fruits with this soup.
- So you need not starve yourself by limiting your food intake.
3. Vitamins and Nutrients:
- As the cabbage soup is prepared along with a lot of vegetables, it is rich with vitamins and nutrients.
- You can take fruits, beef, and fish along with the soup so, vitamins and nutrients do not deplete during weight loss.
- Dark berries and tomatoes help in removing toxins from your body.
4. Easy and Economical:
- Cabbage soup is very cheap and easy to make. What could be more tempting!
- Follow your diet in moderate portions complemented with a cup of soup a day, as many times as you want.
5. Contributes Energy:
- At first, the cabbage soup diet may make you feel weak, light-headed, and tired because of the toxins and processed foods, leaving your body.
- Cabbage soup may make you feel light and energized.
- Slowly with time, you will feel an increase in the levels of energy and will find yourself more active.
6. High in Fiber:
- Fibre is essential for healthy digestion.
- The Cabbage Diet Plan encourages the intake of a whole range of vegetables, thus upping the intake of fibre.
- The fibre in your diet can also help you manage blood cholesterol, which lowers your risk of cardiovascular disease.
7. Promotes Detoxification:
Cabbage soup affects liver enzymes responsible for detoxification
Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable high in sulforaphane that aid the biochemistry for detoxification in the liver.
See More: Natural Tips To Lose Weight At Home
Side Effects Of Cabbage Soup Diet:
- You can add other veggies to the cabbage soup diet, but overall it is like a quick fix and doesn’t last for a long time.
- In the cabbage soup diet, it restricts us to eat only cabbage soup continuously becoming monotonous. It is not considered a healthy eating plan because it doesn’t provide us with any nutrients or calories.
- It is advised not to use a cabbage soup diet for weight loss continuously as 90% of the weight loss is water weight and not fat.
- No need to worry. It is only to let you know that it is not advisable to follow the cabbage soup diet plan for more than a week.
- If you want to, it is advised to have at least a gap of two weeks between each 7-day diet plan.
But remember that the diet plan gets more productive with a daily work out for 30 minutes. With a single bowl of soup, get the power-packed goodness of vitamins and nutrients. Complete your workout with this one-bowl cabbage soup at the end and see your results double. You can trust us and thank us later because health is the most significant wealth!
Let us know if you still have any doubts or concerns about the benefits of cabbage soup for weight loss. We would love to assist you with the best solutions and answers.