Rangoli is a particular part of many Hindu culture and traditions that young and old like watching and creating equally. So, do you like making creative Rangoli designs? If yes, then you should definitely try out the best and latest Rangoli designs suggested by us. Stylesatlife offers you the best-in-class designs along with the proper technique to make these designs. Before making a Rangoli pattern, one needs to understand the concept of Rangoli, its evolution, types and importance. Rangoli holds a unique stand in our society. It is an art and is often used in collaboration with welcoming a particular festival or a special event.
Rangoli is a creative decorative design made on the floor of an office or building premises or entrance of your houses during festivals or special events. Rangoli is an Indian tradition which is followed since ages. People belonging to a different creed, castes and religions follow this tradition. Easy and simple Rangoli Designs are different types. They are classified into freehand Rangoli design, Dots Rangoli Design, Flower Rangoli Design, Ganesh Rangoli and much more. All of these are full of colours and bright glow. Rangoli is extremely popular around India. Usually, they are known by different names in different provinces, like ‘Rangoli’ in Karnataka, ‘Rangavalli’ in Maharashtra, ‘Kolam’ in Tamil Nadu, ‘Muggu’ in Andhra Pradesh, ‘Mandana’ in Rajasthan, ‘Alpana’ in West Bengal, ‘Aripana’ in Bihar, ‘Chowk Purna’ in Madhya Pradesh, ‘Sathiya’ in Gujarat, ‘Ossa’ in Orissa, ‘Sona Rakhana’ in Uttar Pradesh, and so on.
Each of these states has its own unique way of creating designs and patterns. The materials used for developing art also differ a lot. But all of them are made for welcoming the deities during various festivals.
Simple and Easy Rangoli Designs with Images:
Following are the 75 easy and simple Rangoli designs images for beginners which one can easily make at home without taking much time. Choose the perfect one for your special occasion and get started.
1. Simple Diya Rangoli Design:
Be it a wedding or a religious event, and this rangoli is enough to set a magical mood every time. The design is very simple, but the bold shades have turned it into an exceptional one. The ‘Panchpradip’ at the centre and the diyas around the circle are other specialities of the design. You will often spot such design outside temples, Hotels and other places that display Hindu culture.
- Different types of flower petals have been used to create this elegant Rangoli design.
- One can also make a similar design using grains and pulses or fruits.
2. Diwali Colourful Rangoli with Diyas:
This amazing colourful Rangoli design is a perfect match for Diwali – the festival of lights! Carved with unique heart-shaped design and lighted with diyas, this reminds us of the bright days to come. The combination of pink, green, red and violet colour brightens the design and makes it look appealing. This design is designed to light up your house and draw out appreciation from your guests. This is one of the most popular and simple Rangoli patterns with colours and diyas for any type of functions and occasions.
- Diwali is a festival of lights, so make sure to lighten up your design with Diyas.
- The patterns made in green and red denote a Diya, thus making this design a perfect Diwali design.
[ See More: Rangoli Designs for Diwali ]
3. Homely Rangoli Design for Festivals:
This is what you call a perfect mix and match design. You can see in this image Bright colours comprising of red and blue and white and yellow flowers make a perfect homely Rangoli design. Although the actual design is very simple, yet the colours were chosen for this, and the unique, beautiful flowers make it eye-catching! One can even beautify this design by lighting up a diya in the centre of this Rangoli. It is easy to recreate this design using flower petals. It will brighten and gives a different look to the design.
- The flowers used in this Rangoli design are the highlight of the design.
- You can choose flowers in different colours to give the design a contrast effect.
4. Simple Ganapati Rangoli Design:
This simple and unique Ganapati Rangoli design will surely be the centre of attraction if it is drawn at the entrance of your house, office or villa. It depicts our love towards the Lord Ganesha as well as symbolizes Ganesh festival of India. This Rangoli design is very easy to draw and can be easily carved out by even beginners. You can also try other types of Ganesh avatars.
- A beginner can take the help of a pencil to create an outline and then work on the design.
- You can add more elements such as ‘om’ and ‘Swastik’ around the design.
[ See More: Ganapathi Rangoli Designs for Festivals ]
5. Kundan Rangoli Designs:
This Kundan rangoli design is uniquely carved with the help of colourful beads. These beads are placed on the floor in a design pattern, which makes it look like a Rangoli. It is indeed a handmade art of a creative person. These beads are studded on the floor with a pasting gum and can be easily removed. You can even lighten this up by planting diyas in the centre of the Rangoli design. It will make the Rangoli more appealing. You can make use of different shapes of diyas to recreate this design. This is one of the best and beautiful simple rangoli designs with kundans, which makes your occasion or function more colourful.
- A perfect mehndi design for showrooms and jewellery shops.
- You can reuse the materials for other decorative purposes and occasions.
6. Kolam Rangoli With Flowers for Competitions:
Now that’s what you call a flower rangoli. This unique Rangoli design full of flowers is what makes an event special! Although the design is simple, yet it is very effectively carved out and decorated by petals and leaves. In this Rangoli design, they have used a combination of flowers of different colours like pink and green, orange and yellow, white and orange, etc. Put a Diya in the centre to brighten the beauty of this design. This circular design pattern makes the whole design attractive!
- Make an outline with the help of a pencil or chalk to achieve accuracy.
- You can use different colours of flower petals to achieve different colour combinations.
[ See More: Kolam Rangoli Designs for Occasions ]
7. Musical Peacock Rangoli:
One of the simplest rangoli patterns yet looks so creative and rich, this is the picture of a musical peacock. The look of this rangoli is even more interesting than its name. Here the name musical peacock is given because the body of the peacock is made of musical instruments here, unlike the normal peacocks. The best way to cover up the body is by using a pair of big instruments and what can be better than a pair of tabla. This is also a smart way of expressing the fact that music is something which sounds pious in any form and so is this Rangoli suitable absolutely for any occasion.
- A design like this will look great outside an arts or cultural institute.
- You can replace the tabla with a different kind of musical instruments.
8. Latest Flower Rangoli Designs:
Flowers are always assumed to be auspicious. This unique quadrilateral Rangoli design decorated with flowers and grass make a perfect combination of colours. One can even beautify this Rangoli design with diyas and Rangoli colours. This is one of the best types of Rangoli designs which is very easy and simple to recreate.
- You can pick any flowers and leaves to recreate a similar Rangoli design.
- Flowers that are usually used for worshipping Gods and Goddesses are generally used in such designs.
9. Beautiful Rangoli Designs with Diyas:
Check out this wonderful rangoli design in the shape of leaves carved out so beautifully! The huge antique diyas in the rangoli gives a festival touch to it. This rangoli would even look more appealing to the eyes once the Diyas are lighted up. The colours used here are vibrant and contrasting. The precision of this design makes it so special. A perfect piece of art for any occasion!
- Rice along with Rangoli powder has been used to make this beautiful design.
- Use food colouring to colour the rice in your choice of colours.
[ See More: Beautiful Diya Rangoli Designs ]
10. Swastik Sign New Rangoli Design:
Now that’s what you call an eye-catching rangoli design! It is a colourful design with many bright colours being splashed into the design. The swastika sign drawn in the centre is very attractive. This is a combination of contrast and vibrant colours like red and green, orange and yellow, blue and yellow and red and navy blue. This design takes time to be drawn. If you want to flaunt that creative person in you and do not mind spending your time, then this is the one you should go for.
- This Rangoli design is perfect for a Pooja or any Hindu religious function.
- You can make an ‘om’ or other religious symbols too in the centre.
11. Unique Rangoli Designs for Occasions:
This is, again a unique and lively rangoli design apt for any festival or occasion. This beautiful rangoli design has a unique pattern in white colour circles around the Diya decorated with orange and blue colour designs. This is an easy technique to create a beautiful design. This rangoli will certainly gain your appreciation from your guests.
- Take the help of stencils available in the market to recreate the Diya like patterns.
- Try making the white Chakri’s on an empty space a couple of times so that you achieve more accuracy.
12. Simple Rangoli Design with Everyday Buds:
This is one of the very simple yet very beautiful rangoli patterns and thus can be drawn regularly. It is not very big, and so it can be made in any part of the house be it in the corner or in front of the entrance it is sure to look beautiful. The combination of colourful flowers, along with traditional patterns makes it look even more beautiful. The use of so many colours in this design makes it look extremely bright and so this design can be used during any festival without a second thought. You can take inspiration from patterns on your outfit. You can just decorate parts of the design with diyas and your work will be done!
- This is a perfect and easy to create a design for beginners.
- Make use of the tip of your fingers to give the flowers a border like an effect.
13. Traditional Diya Rangoli Designs:
This beautiful Rangoli design is easy to make and gives a traditional look. This is beautifully lighted with diyas and drawn on a patch of brown colour. This brown and white combination is truly worth noticing!! No doubt it is also one of the very simple Rangoli designs with curves and diyas which can make your home traditional. The brown surface is achieved by using a red colour clay known as ‘geru’ which is spread with water on the floor and then the Rangoli is made.
- One can recreate this design with kosher salt or chalk as well.
- You can also use little candles if you do not have diyas.
14. Ganesh Rangoli Design with Flowers:
Now that’s a beautiful simple rangoli design which even beginners can make! This being a very simple design and especially filled with flowers leaves very less room for mistake. The colours used here give a bright look to the design. The background is decorated with yellow flowers make the pink colour stand out very well. You can also choose a red or bright purple colour. If you are a beginner with Rangolis, then this is the one for you!
- This 3D style Rangoli design can be recreated using flower petals.
- The background of the Ganesha is covered in yellow flower petals.
15. Easy Elegant Rangoli Design:
Look wise it makes seem simple, but it takes hours and hours of efforts to minutely draw this sleek design. This is a very efficient piece of work with sharp curves and circles. It uses less colour but more efforts and time. It looks elegant because of two factors- a sleek design and colour combination. One can even beautify this design with colours and diyas to brighten its look. These are the very traditional simple rangoli patterns for Diwali and other family functions which are very beautiful also.
- For intricate designs like this one, take the help of a stencil or use dots to achieve accuracy.
- You can replace the centre pattern with a Diya to give this a beautiful look.
16. Different Floral Rangoli Designs:
What a beautiful flowery rangoli design! A very welcoming design best suited for an auspicious event or an occasion. In this rangoli image unlike other rangoli designs, this piece of work is carved out with flowers and petals of different colours, sizes and shapes. Such designs are easy to make and take less time and effort.
- The entire Rangoli design has been made out of rice.
- Food colouring has been used to give the rice the desired colours.
[ See More: Best Rangoli Designs with Flowers ]
17. Cute Rangoli With Light Colours:
This is indeed a different type of rangoli. This design has used light colours instead of bright ones. The Diya placed in the centre of the design along with the Swastik sign makes it stand out from others. The colour combination of yellow, orange and blue are very apt and goes well with Holi and Dussehra festivals. You can also recreate this for a Pooja.
- This is a combination Rangoli design made out of Rangoli powder as well as paint.
- You can create this type of design for multiple occasions using different colours.
18. Flower Rangoli Design for Special Occasions:
This is what you call a grand rangoli design decorated with flowers and petals of different colours. The exclusive combination of various colours gives this design an extravagant look. This masterpiece is created after hours of efforts and patience. This is a perfect choice for weddings, engagements or special occasions. The accuracy of this design is its biggest highlight.
- This geometric mandala style Rangoli design is perfect to recreate for big corporate events or competitions.
- Take the help of colleagues to recreate this design using pulses or grains.
19. Easy Rangoli Design With Free Hand:
This blue Rangoli design is a unique typical Ugadi/Gudi padwa festival design. This is made on the doorsteps or courtyards to welcome New Year of the people living in the Deccan region of India. This Rangoli design uses shades of a particular colour, which makes it look soothing and appealing to the eyes. No geru has been used. Instead, the design has been done on a normal floor. This is a finely carved Rangoli design which does time to make, but is truly eye-catching!
- This is a design very similar to a mandala but inspired by floral patterns.
- Only two colours have been used to create this design, blue and white. The light blue colour has been created by mixing the two colours.
20. Semi-Circle Easy Rangoli Designs:
A semi-circle rangoli design is just as perfect as a circular one. This is a very simple design with fewer curves and heavy patterns. This design indeed looks simple but is very elegant and worth appreciating! This rangoli design is a perfect choice if you have to draw this design on your doorstep or in front of an office or shop.
- Make use of a sieve to spread colours on bigger motifs evenly.
- You can make a paper stencil to create the flowers and leaves to achieve uniformity.
21. Simple Rangoli Designs for Festival Occasion:
This unique design is a perfect choice for festivals like Holi or Diwali. In this beautiful simple Rangoli picture, the petals Rangoli design goes well with colourful festivals and bright lights. Also, the Diya’s placed on the sides of the design make a perfect combination for Diwali. It even gives a bright look to the whole design and makes it stand out from others. The combination of pink and yellow colours points out the contrast chosen exclusively for this design you can also choose a green and blue combination. This design is easy to make and takes hardly an hour or two.
- You can use more than two colours to make this design.
- Pick colours like pink, red, yellow and orange to give it a more flower-like look.
- Garlands, as well as flowers, are used to please gods and goddesses, thus making a flower design is so loved by people.
22. Lord Ganesa Rangoli With Flowers:
If you have a big lawn and you like flowers, then this is the right rangoli design for you. This is the ultimate design of Lord Ganesha with a unique combination of orange and pink flower petals. These colours stand out and brighten this whole rangoli design. This rangoli will surely get appreciation from your guests. Now you know what to recreate for Ganesh Chaturthi.
- This is easy to recreate design made out of rose petals and marigold leaves.
- A similar design can also be created using pulses or grains.
23. Easy Swastik Sign Rangoli:
This rangoli design looks impeccable. It is a masterpiece created by using a variety of colourful petals. This unique colour choice is very soothing to the eyes. It has a combination of bright and light colours which make the Swastik sign in the centre stand out from the rest of the design. The pattern drawn in the outer circle is eye-catching! One can easily make that design at home by making a triangle-shaped design in the outer circle and then filling it with coloured petals.
- A variety of grains, majorly rice and pulses have been used to create this design.
- The geometric style makes it look more perfect, as well as easier to recreate.
24. Easy Rangoli Design with colours:
Now that’s a simple Rangoli design with white, green and red combinations. Sometimes simple things also make a great impact. This design looks elegant and would even look brighter with the combination of yellows and blues. Since no geru is used, the design looks a part of the background. The darker the colours, the more attractive it appears!
- The design is done by first making a base flower with the colours red and green.
- You can use any colour combination such as pink-yellow, blue-green, etc.
[ See More: Traditional Kalash Rangoli Designs ]
25. Diwali Kolam Rangoli Design:
Flowery designs are as attractive as the rangoli designs made out of colours. Flowers, diyas and colours make the perfect setting for Diwali! The semi-circular designs in the centre of the rangoli are very appealing, especially with its four-coloured aspect. Keep chalk handy to make this design perfectly. A Diya placed in the centre would look even more attractive and would surely gain your appreciation!
- This design is perfect for the office as well as home spaces.
- You can make use of different colours of flower petals as well as pulses.
26. Circle Rangoli Design for Diwali:
This is a typical Diwali rangoli design with a pattern of circular design. Usually, such simple rangoli designs are known as ‘Sanskar Bharati’ designs where a particular design is chosen and drawn in a circular pattern. You will mostly see such designs on the entrance of buildings or bungalows because it occupies more space. It is difficult to draw this whole design in your doorstep. However, you can choose a part of it and draw the same in a semi-circular shape.
- Use a small and medium-size sieve to spread the base colours in circles evenly.
- Make this Rangoli design starting from the centre and then moving outwards.
27. Good and Beautiful Rangoli Designs:
Now that’s what you call an impeccable masterpiece! Vibrant colours, sleek and perfect design, the constant pattern in circular shapes is that takes to make a rangoli like this one. The OM sign drawn in the centre gives an Indian touch to the rangoli. Make an outline prior with chalk or pencil to achieve the precision. This can be a perfect choice if you have Pooja in your house.
- This design is suitable for cultural as well as religious functions.
- You can recreate this design using different colours as well as add in a few diyas around to make it more aesthetic.
28. Corner Rangoli Design:
You can see different types of rangoli designs in the corner with multiple colours and patterns. Now, this is an excellent rangoli corner piece. It goes well with the big antique Diya placed in the corner and rangoli drawn covering it. Although there isn’t much design and variety, yet the colours used in this rangoli give it a soothing effect. This is the best choice if you want to make a rangoli design at your doorstep! And it is one of the easy rangoli designs which is suitable for all types of pujas.
- This is a Rangoli design apt for small spaces, nooks and corners.
- Such Rangoli designs are often created and found in temples.
29. Peacock Rangoli Design for Weddings:
This is an ideal rangoli design for weddings or engagement ceremonies. It is a unique combination of vibrant colours, flowers and design. In that photo, the peacock’s design in the centre gives a perfect idea of two souls becoming one. This is an eye-catching piece of work. If there’s an anniversary, engagement or wedding ceremony happening at your place, do try out this Rangoli design!
- Use a sieve to achieve the shading effect in the base of the Rangoli design.
- Arrange the flowers at the very end so that you can still make any last-minute changes.
30. Wonderful Rangoli Design for All Occasions:
Vibrant colours make a wonderful rangoli design- ideal for all occasions. This design stands out from others as it uses beads of different colours along with colours and petals too. They diya in the centre is eye-catching and brightens the whole look of rangoli. This one is very simple rangoli design in the list of easy rangoli designs. Use Kundan or other faux stones to enhance the beauty.
- Rangoli powder, along with pebbles and artificial gemstones have been used to create this design.
- You can make a similar design using flowers instead of pearls and stones.
31. Rangoli Design for Small Occasions:
This is what one calls an abstract art. A great masterpiece of work, this rangoli design is just perfect for small occasions. One can use colours as well as flower petals to fill up the design. here the rangoli design is very simple but it is difficult to make grand like the above-shown picture. To make things easier, you can make an outline with chalks and then proceed with the Rangoli.
- This is a design suitable for corporate spaces and educational institutions.
- To give a more colourful look, use pulses to recreate this design.
32. Hindu Rangoli With Simple Diyas:
This is simple yet unparalleled rangoli can be perfectly done even by a beginner. It is mainly based on geometrical patterns and the contrasting colours, as well as the diyas, have made it an attention-grabber. No other rangoli pattern is simple like this simple rangoli design. And its beauty undoubtedly lies in its simplicity.
- Use petals with pulses and grains to create this design.
- Place a bigger size Diya in the centre of the design to achieve a complete look.
33. Fish Pattern Rangoli Design:
If you are bored with those circles and flowers and peacocks, this one is the right choice for you. It is basically a square-shaped design with four fish patterns. The entire concept is wonderful and the vibrant colours have made it even more eye-catching. This is a design that will attract the attention of one and all.
- This design is apt for Koli festivals as well as for restaurants.
- Make this design with grains or pulses to make it a more aesthetic design.
34. Lotus Rangoli Designs for Pooja:
Looking for a good rangoli design to make during pujas and other religious occasions? Go for this one. Being a decent art featuring various shapes and patterns, it will certainly make your festive days blissful. Big and bright pink lotuses are a big plus of this rangoli. To give this design a more beautiful look you can use Lotus petals in the design.
- You can use real lotus flowers to give this design a surreal look.
- This design is suitable for recreating outside a temple.
35. Latest Rangoli Designs for Every Occasion:
Geometry in Rangoli does not always have to be about squares and circles, it can be more. Well, it is a spiral inside a circle. It is ideal for people who are searching for a beautiful rangoli design that would match the mood and spirit of all festivals. Just change the colours each time you create it and you are ready with a fresh and new Rangoli on every occasion.
- Grains and pulses of different varieties have been used to create this Rangoli.
- Use a pencil to make outlines beforehand to achieve the desired precision.
36. Classical Peacock Rangoli Designs:
This beautiful peacock Rangoli design makes a beautiful combination for special events like anniversaries or birthdays. It is a simple yet attractive piece of work. You can use a variety of colours in this design and give it a different look as well. One can even carve this same Rangoli design and beautify it with flowers or rose petals or make this out of food grains to give a unique look. You can light up the Rangoli with diyas or just keep it simple. Remember, the simpler, the better!
- You can use Rangoli powder for the white background or opt for other options such as chalk and sea salt.
- The design here is completely done with the help of pulses and grains to give the Rangoli a rustic look.
37. Circle Rangoli Designs with Different Colours:
It is a very colourful easy rangoli design with circular patterns. What about these large circles of different colours? There is no need to express that it is one of the most startling rangoli designs that one can ever see around. Your guests will simply get amazed by the dazzling colours of the art. This design is definitely a cakewalk even for the least artistic person.
- Use a mixture of warm and primary colours to create this Rangoli design.
- Use flower petals on the edges to give this a more complete look.
38. Easy ‘Om‘Rangoli Designs:
This rangoli has an absolutely unique shape and astonishing design. As you can see, there is ‘Om’ at the centre and very detailed artwork created around it in a semi-circular way. The choice of white in contrast with the prominent blue, red and green is really noticeable. This design is definitely not a child’s play and may need more practice and precision to recreate.
- The intricacy of this Rangoli design is a work of professionals.
- You can achieve similar precision by using stencils to complete your design.
39. Border Rangoli Designs with Different Colours:
People having quite a few years of experience in making Rangolis can give it a shot. The vastness, as well as the design of the rangoli, is undoubtedly extraordinary. The colours have been merged in a wonderful way and the white border has given the entire creation a compact look. You can also use pink and orange colour combination with yellow.
- This design along with its accuracy can be created only by professionals.
- One can use easy patterns to recreate a similar design suitable for temple compounds.
40. Rangoli Patterns with Different Shades:
This rangoli design is simple but not the least, this is an incredible one with impressive colours. If you wish, you can fill the patterns with different shades and add a personal touch to it with your own creativity. This is one of the very simple rangoli designs with attractive colours. You can also make your celebration with this brighter Fill in spaces with petals and Diya to enhance the look.
- Create a similar style of Rangoli design with the help of flower petals or grains and pulses.
- Add a Diya in the centre to give the design a complete look.
41. Simply Beautiful Band Rangoli:
When you have to make a rangoli at home every day like there is a ritual in many families, it is obvious that you may run out of ideas. Secondly, no one has the time to make elaborate and rich festive Rangoli every day since those needs a lot of efforts. A band rangoli such as this is a great idea of easy rangoli designs which you can use at any time and it is sure that it will never fail to impress people. You can extend the band by making flowers in alternate corners of the flowers again and then extend the outer portions with other different designs and lines and curves.
- By adding or subtracting the flowers you can make this design bigger or smaller in size.
- You can also make use of real flower petals.
42. Diagonal Peacock Pattern:
When we are talking here about beautiful rangoli designs, there can be nothing better than this gorgeous peacock. This looks very difficult, but if you feel you are at an okay level of rangoli, making you are sure to succeed in this. The trick here is to merge properly the colour shades and create the same effect as in the image. This is one rangoli which will best suit the corners of the house which are empty and yet visible all the time. You can also decorate this rangoli with lots of glitter colours and white linings to give it a brighter and a more prominent look. Make this outside or inside your house in a secluded corner for the right effect.
- Use a pointed stick to make the detailing in the design.
- You can also use white Rangoli powder to create the intricate detailing.
43. Abstract Ganesa Rangoli:
People are becoming more and more conscious with the decorations of their houses now and also following a lot of traditions because being a little traditional is now the new cool. Traditional Rangoli designs are also a style statement for the house now. The only difference is that these are done in a different and more creative way now. For example, this cute Ganesh Rangoli is a traditional rangoli idea but the way it is done looks so modern and creative. That is how the ideas have evolved and so have the times but the base of everything remains the same of course! Try this design for Ganesh Chaturthi or for your house warming Pooja.
- You can use a silhouette of any God or goddess to create a similar style of Rangoli.
- Make use of flower petals or grains and pulses to give a unique twist to the design.
44. Simple Welcome Indian Rangoli Designs:
This is one of the typical rangoli design images which are meant for the entrance area of the house. These are welcome Rangolis in the sense that these are small and pretty and are suitable just in front of the house and the words ‘WELCOME’ are also written with the same rangoli colours over here. It is better if you do not decorate or make this rangoli with flower petals which are also possible because colours are more permanent as compared to flower petals and you can thus make the rangoli and let it be for a few days after that too. This is very easy to make and looks very beautiful and bright as well. Now you definitely know what to make for New Year or a New house.
- This design can be created outside a building or office premises.
- One can also make a similar but smaller sized design for their doorsteps.
45. Very Easy Geometric Rangoli:
There are several types of Rangoli, and this is one of those which have now become quite high on the charts. The name is such because the borders or the basic frame is always in some geometric pattern, especially squares and rectangle or diamond shape. Even inside the mainframe, the designs made are almost geometric but the good part is that you can make them look really, really smart. Such as in this design, they have made a simple rangoli design and used a lot of flower petals inside it. The Diyas used for decorations are easily available and make the place look so much better.
- You can recreate this design inside your house or office premises.
- Make use of flower petals to give this design a beautiful effect.
46. Simple Diya Rangoli Patterns:
We have seen in most of the rangoli patterns, especially in the festive ones that they are decorated with small and big divas to illuminate the designs and make them brighter. Here in this photo, we are taking the Diya one step higher and making it the base of the rangoli design. Here in this rangoli, we are drawing a big diya as the base of the rangoli and filling it with a variety of colours and lots of patterns. The borderline of the rangoli is then decorated with very small diyas and made brighter. You can also make use of petals to make it more attractive. Very stylish and very creative!
- One can use a stick to make the intricate detailing if not comfortable to create with powder.
- The diyas can be placed all around the design to give it a more beautiful effect.
47. Flower and Diya’s Rangoli Designs for Home:
This is a very simple Diya Rangoli design for beginners. This is a great combination of colours and flowers, which has given this rangoli a magnificent look. Instead of petals, full flowers have been used. There is no need for much skills or expertise. But the way the roses are used throughout the design is truly commendable. The Diyas have enhanced the beauty of the design to a great extent.
- The centre of this Rangoli is its highlight.
- One can also make use of flower petals to recreate a similar design.
48. Krishna Traditional Rangoli Art:
Why only turn towards simple rangoli designs made with flowers and peacocks where there can be much more than that. It is a fact that when it comes to Rangolis, Lord Ganesh is the most used faced, but we have now come up with a great idea of Lord Krishna to be the face of the rangoli. The innocence of child Krishna makes this rangoli come up to life, and the use of bright colours look very, very beautiful. It is a simple sketch which you have to elaborate into a rangoli, and that’s it!
- One can recreate this design using pulses and grains.
- Use a pencil to make outlines beforehand to achieve the precision of eyes and flute.
[ See More: Lord Krishna Rangoli Designs ]
49. Landscape Rangoli Pattern:
There is no need to stick to only occasions if making Rangolis is your passion. It is also not necessary to draw peacocks and flowers as rangoli patterns every time when you can make other freehand designs easily. For example, in this picture, the frame is simple and drawn with white highlight colour, and then a pretty landscape is drawn inside, which is probably a village scene. These are the landscapes which village people draw on their walls because they do not have paints and other decorations. These are also very creative and a sign of an artist.
- Use a sieve to achieve the shading effect in the background.
- One can use a premade paper cut-out for this design, which can be carefully picked up after completing the design.
50. Rangoli Designs with Sand Art:
Here is a beautiful rangoli made from sand and stones. The beauty of the rangoli is shown with the dull grey shades of the sand and sand given colour and dried. Stones are used to giving effects to the rangoli. There is a new form of art these days made from sand called sand art. Here talking about rangoli, this is a perfect example of sand rangoli. More such designs can be spotted at Rangoli competitions.
- Use a sieve to evenly spread colours on the base of the design.
- The detailing can be done freehand across the design.
51. Rangoli on Water:
Here we see is a rangoli made on water. It is very easy to make a rangoli on the water with actual rangoli powder colours. The process is like this- we take water in the vessel where you want to make the rangoli. Then spread a few drops, or a spoon full of oil in the vessel, which creates a layer of oil above water. And when you spread powder rangoli colours in the vessel to make a design, it will stick on the layer of oil instead of mixing with the water. It is a unique way of making rangoli. This is a quick and easy way to make a long-lasting design.
- A similar style of Rangoli design can be created on geru.
- Place a floating candle to give this a complete look.
52. Traditional Durga Rangoli Designs:
The festival of Navratri and Dussehra is always welcomed with the prayers and worship of Maa Durga. Here is a beautiful rangoli made with the idol of Durga with rangoli colours. The rangoli is highlighted with circular dots of a pile of rangoli colours. The design is appropriate for Durga Pooja and Navratri as well as similar design can be recreated outside temples for Goddesses.
- You can also make different gods and goddesses to create a similar design.
- This type of Rangoli design is a work of professionals.
53. Rangoli with Grains:
When you are in an art effect, you don’t need material. Here is a Rangoli made with edible grains. Nature has given us so many colours that we don’t need to make our own. Here Rangoli is made with the different grains that are different in colours. There are green peas, rajma, wheat, rice, green grams, black greens, chickpeas, split peas, abulia etc. you can use any grains that bring a different colour to the Rangoli. Add a Diya in between to give it a festive look.
- Add different types of nuts to make this design more attractive.
- You can also use flower petals to make a similar design.
54. Rangoli with Coloured Rice:
Here is a beautiful and colourful Rangoli made from rice grains. The rice grains are first processed under colours and then dried. Then used to make a beautiful design. You can colour the rice grain with food colours also and also artificial colours. Apart from grains, you can also use nuts and pulses.
- Use food colouring to add colour to the rice grains.
- You can recreate a similar style of design using Rangoli powder as well as flower petals.
55. Rangoli Made with Old Newspaper:
If handling scissors are more comfortable for you than Rangoli powder than this is an apt design for you. Here the Rangoli is made with old newspapers rolled and stuck to make round rings to enhance the design of the Rangoli. The Rangoli is made with Rangoli colours and the rings made from newspaper. This beautiful design is made with geometric shapes that make it more attractive.
- Use a readymade store-bought stencil to create such a design.
- Dust colours of your choice using a sieve to achieve a more shading like effect.
56. Rangoli Design with Clay:
Here is a clay dough Rangoli. A beautiful and creative Rangoli that is even time-consuming. As there are clay motives that are shaped and then designed and set in a way that makes a beautiful Rangoli design. We get fevicryl children dough that you can shape it in any way as many times u want. This awesome Rangoli can easily be made even by children. You can recreate a similar design with the help of colourful chalk.
- Instead of clay one can also use flower petals to make a similar style of design.
- Colourful chalks can also be used to make this design.
57. Rangoli with Fruits:
Here is a Rangoli offered to Lord Krishna that is made out of fresh fruits. You can see fresh fruits are used to make a peacock. We can see bananas, pineapples, apples, oranges, pomegranates, plums, pears and many more fruits that are arranged and made a Rangoli of fruits. This design assures there is no wastage whatsoever as you can distribute the fruits among the guests at the end of the day.
- This style of Rangoli can be made outside temples or Restaurants.
- You can also use vegetables to create a similar design.
58. Beginners Easy Rangoli Designs with Dots:
This is typically a beginner’s rangoli design. It is made out of small fine dots which are first drawn directly on the floor or a brown patch of colour. You can from the above picture the dots are joined together with fine lines to form a design which is so simple and beautiful also. This distinctive design of ducks coloured in blue is eye-catching! It will surely draw the attention of your guests. You can also trace this design to recreate.
- This design can be recreated by making dots and then following the pattern.
- The method used makes it a perfect design for beginners.
59. Rangoli with Vegetables:
Here again, is a beautiful as well as a colourful rangoli made from fresh vegetables. The colours of the vegetables are making the Rangoli look so bright. Vegetables are arranged in a way that their colours form a design. We can see brinjal, capsicums, bell peppers, green chillies etc to make a vegetable Rangoli. This is definitely a Rangoli suitable to be made outside a Gym or a Yoga centre.
- A design like this can be made with different types of fruits and vegetables.
- Cabbage, brinjal, carrots, lady finger, peas, sweet potatoes are some of the vegetables used to create this Rangoli.
60. Rangoli with Sawdust:
To make a Rangoli with sawdust, we first have to colour the sawdust and then let it dry. Here we can see a beautiful Rangoli made with sawdust. And decorated with a lotus in the centre. A Rangoli from sawdust was made even in early time. Then the sawdust was placed with powders colours. Using petals of multiple beautiful covers works well too.
- This Rangoli design is made out of flower petals as well as grains and pulses.
- Place diyas on and around the design to give this design a more elegant look.
[ See Also: Best Small Rangoli Designs ]
61. Rangoli with Stencils:
We get stencils to make beautiful designs. The design shows feet in red powder, it is usually made on doorsteps as people believe them to be like a guiding sign for Goddess Lakshmi. Here we can see a Rangoli made from a stencil. Stencils are also available at shops, and we can also make them ourselves by cuts on a paper. we get many designs in the stencils. People who are bad at making designs can easily make awesome Rangoli using stencils.
- This style of design can be created on the doorstep.
- You can also use colours like green and yellow for the base of the design.
62. Rangoli with Floating Flowers:
Here are petals of flowers that are used to make a colourful rangoli. A floating Rangoli with water and flower petals is easy to make. With few steps to follow and we get a beautiful floating Rangoli. We take water in a vessel and slowly arrange petal from the border and gradually reach the centre of the Rangoli design. The best part about this Rangoli is that you do not have to worry about accuracy as everything just fits perfectly.
- Different flowers can be used to recreate similar designs.
- Make use of petals instead of flower bulbs to create a more aesthetic design.
63. Cartoon Rangoli:
Children love cartoons. And when we make a Rangoli with cartoon characters. Children will not move far from the Rangoli. Here we can see a Chhota bheem rangoli with all the other characters in the cartoon. People make cartoon Rangoli especially to entertain children. You can see such Rangoli in playhouses or kinder garden. And preschool, and nursery schools. Teachers can take the help of students and combinable make beautiful cartoon Rangolis and make them learn the names of colours and also help them learn drawing. You can also make other characters that are loved by kids like Doraemon.
- This design is suitable for playschool and different kids’ institutions.
- You can also add many different cartoon characters for this design.
[ See Also: Rangoli Designs for Kids to Practice ]
64. Portrait Rangoli:
A beautiful Rangoli with a portrait of Lord Krishna and Radha Ji made with Rangoli colours. Such Rangoli can be made by experts in Rangoli art. We can choose to make a portrait Rangoli when participating in competitions. It can take a lot of time accuracy and patience. The beauty of the Rangoli cannot be then neglected. People make their favourite idols, god and goddesses, famous celebrities too. The image of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati can also be used in the design. The more you are good with creativity the more beautiful your Rangoli will be.
- This style of Rangoli design can only be created with the help of efforts of multiple professionals.
- You can also make a similar design by creating replicas of Gods and Goddesses.
65. Rangoli on OHP Sheet:
This is a very handy technique to make a Rangoli and place it anywhere in our house. Here the artist has taken an OHP sheet whereon he has made s design and coloured it with glass paints. You can then pace the sheet anywhere in the house and place on the floor. And you can also decorate with any other material other than glass paints to make a Rangoli on the OHP sheet. You can glue decorative material to the sheet and make a beautiful Rangoli. This design can also be recreated for a Pooja or a religious function.
- You can make use of this style of design for religious functions and events.
- The motifs can be individually used to decorate nooks and corners.
66. Peacock in its Feather Rangoli:
In Hinduism peacock symbolises good luck and compassion whereas its feather also symbolizes something that is beauty and integrity. Peacock cannot be kept at home, but its art can be made in our home to bring good fortune. Rangolis are made at special occasions and festivals, and this peacock in its feather Rangoli is a very easy Rangoli design. Making it on the doorstep or at the centre of the entrance hall will enhance the beauty of the house. The peacock in its feather shows that even peacock likes to be with sown beauty and loving oneself is the best thing. You can also take peacock motif inspiration from mehndi designs. This Rangoli will motivate your demotivated friends and relatives who struggle in life.
- This style of Rangoli design is more suitable to recreate for professionals.
- You can add more colours like purple and pink to make this design look prettier
67. Pearls and Stones Rangoli:
Rangolis make our house look beautiful, and we look for more beautiful Rangoli designs that appear more appealing. Colours do not radiate, but if you want vibrant Rangoli, then this Rangoli pattern will be liked by you. It has no powder colours instead of pearls and coloured stones are used to make it. Each stone is used to make a particular design and, in the middle, a beautiful Diya is placed. It is a very simple Rangoli design for the home where you don’t even have to waste time in filling colours. You just have to place the stones and pearls properly after making the layout. It is a very different type of Rangoli which is perfect for Diwali, and you can see a similar style of Rangoli in jewellery shops.
- This style of design is appropriate for offices as well as for small spaces.
- You can also use multiple diyas around the design to make this look more beautiful.
68. Simple Swirl Rangoli Design:
We think that easy Rangoli designs do not look good because we want something very complicated with more colours, but at last, it ends with awful design. Beginners at once cannot make a perfect Rangoli, it takes time. There are some simple Rangoli designs for beginners from which they can start. This swirl design is easy and can be made without any errors. There are no such complicated designs anywhere which poses problems for learners. In this Rangoli, only a few colours are used but it is very appealing. It has simple concentric semicircles which move in swirls. This swirl gives the look of a chakri – firecracker kids love bursting on Diwali.
- The motifs were done around the swirl look similar to the patterns on a peacock’s feather.
- Use the colours, purple, blue and green to make this design more beautiful.
69. Beautiful Butterfly Rangoli Design:
There are many types of Rangoli which are made at our entrance door, and the designs made matches with our traditions and kids are not all interested in making Rangoli’s. In today’s generation, kids like to spend more time on cell phones and computers and leave our tradition behind. To get them interested in your tradition do those things which they want. Get them to involve by making simple Rangoli patterns of butterfly and flowers. They will love to make this Rangoli and will even learn. This Rangoli has different types of colourful butterflies with beautiful flowers, which make a perfect natural scene. You can make this Rangoli in your kid’s room or balcony or outside a school gate.
- This type of Rangoli design is perfect for a school, play school or a kid learning institute.
- You can make a variety of flowers as well as add caterpillars to this design.
70. Innovative Rangoli Patterns:
Enough of using powdered colours for making Rangoli, they are in use from too long. You can try something new, which is very different from others. Though there are lots of Rangoli designs images, this image is one of its kind. It has used flowers to make Rangoli not flowers petals, which is very common. Choosing the right type of flower and placing them in correct position makes this Rangoli. In this particular Rangoli white flowers of different plants and an orange flower placed in the middle is used to make Rangoli. This type of Rangoli is hardly seen anyone else house, and you can be the first one to make it in your home.
- The buds of a mogra flower along with a marigold have been used for this design.
- You can use different flowers to recreate this beautiful and elegant design.
[ See More: Best Colourful Rangoli Designs ]
71. Teddy Rangoli Design:
For teddy lovers, it will be the best Rangoli for them. If you have got too bored of making that geometrical shapes in your Rangoli then try this teddy Rangoli. You can even make them for your kids. This Rangoli has two teddies with an umbrella giving the Rangoli a look of a painting. This is a design appropriate for a school or a kid’s institute as well as for a newly married couple.
- You can add flower petals to add a more beautiful look for this design.
- Several other cartoon characters can also be used to create such a Rangoli design.
72. 3- D Rangoli Designs:
Till yet you must have been making two dimensional Rangoli’s in festivals and occasions. This festival makes a unique Rangoli which is astonishing for others. The three-dimensional Rangoli made by you will be stared by all. If you have a place which is a little higher than the floor then this Rangoli can be made. Covering the upper floor with the lower floor will give looks of 3- D Rangoli. You can make strings of flowers that can slide on sides as colours cannot stick there. You can do additional decoration by placing Diya’s on all sides. The flower made at the centre is the real attraction and highlight of this beautiful design.
- This Rangoli design is created using Rangoli powder as well as flower petals.
- You can create a similar design using a different style of flower pattern.
73. Yoga Rangoli Designs:
If you are a yoga teacher and want your silent place to look colourful then you can make this Rangoli at your place and that too with a matching theme. A yoga institute or place of well-being such as meditation centres can make use of such designs. This Rangoli has an art of a man doing yoga with a beautiful combination of colours making the scene of nature. This Rangoli depicts inner peace which every person who exercises yoga wants to achieve.
- This design is perfect for creating outside a fitness or wellness centre.
- You can also make the face of Buddha in the centre to give a more calming effect on this design.
74. Leaf Rangoli Designs:
Rangolis made of flowers, rice and colours are been made from ages but now you can go for a green revolution. Who said you needed money for everything? They probably did not know about Rangoli. This is an Eco-friendly Rangoli where no diyas and colours are needed only the thing needed is leaves. Pluck different kinds of leaves from your gardens and make a beautiful simple Rangoli out of it. In this Rangoli, you don’t even have to spend even a penny.
- You can also make this design using flower petals.
- Any kind of leaves, as well as even dry leaves, can be used to create a similar style of design.
75. Bangle Rangoli Designs:
We first make borders of Rangoli so that later colours can be filled properly. You will be surprised to know that you can directly make the Rangoli and that too, without any errors by using your old bangles. You can make beautiful designs using your bangles and filling colours in them. Use diyas on the edges to give this Rangoli an enhanced look. You can make it radiant by placing small Diya’s in between the bangles too.
- Use bands or bangles for this Rangoli design.
- You can use different colour combinations for this design.
Additional Tips for Beginners:
- Always check out the various styles of Rangoli’s that are prevalent in different Indian cultures to get more creative ideas.
- Make use of different things available at home as stencils to give your design a more uniform look, such as a bowl.
- Refer to the internet for multiple design images and tutorials to create the best and possibly the easiest Rangoli design for a beginner.
- Start with a design with bigger patterns and elements as that will enable you to understand the accuracy of filling Rangoli dust in these patterns.
- If you aren’t comfortable with making Rangoli freehand, use chalk to make outlines and then make Rangoli on these lines.
Just like people like a well-dressed person, people also appreciate a well-decorated house, especially on festivals. Rangoli is an element that acts as an accessory for your house, this makes the guest feel even special when they visit your abode. The colour and the design reflect your creativity as well as brings peace and harmony. You can create the designs using anything you can get your hands on be it Rangoli powder, grains, flower petals, chalk, or paint for that matter. So, the next time you want to make your home look welcoming, just grab some powder and start making any of our handpicked Rangoli design for beginners.