The world of fashion isn’t limited. With numerous possibilities and looks, there is always something to explore. Funky hairstyles are among one such looks that have been catching our eye in the recent past. These hairstyles are experimental, bold, and aren’t something that you may have witnessed before. But they indeed have an incredibly excellent attitude and style with them.
Wondering how they all look? We have compiled the best funky hairstyles and haircuts just for you, and you may not want to miss them out!
12 Trending Funky Hairstyles for Girls to Check Out This Season:
Let’s see the 12 new and latest funky hairstyle ideas and images for girls. These are among funky top hairstyles for women right now.
1. The Old Boss Funky Hairstyle:
If you want to look like a boss even in older age groups, what best than this short funky bob hairstyle. Just make sure you do this undercut variant here. This looks great further if you have a wavy hair texture. Try this style out if you are experimental and love unique looks with white hair. You will enjoy the attention you can get in these looks easily.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is the best for this hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this hairstyle out for women over 60 years old.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Women with any face shape and wavy hair are best suited here.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Try this style out with nice western dresses to attend gatherings and occasions and look like a boss!
2. Balayage Long Wavy Funky Style:
These funky hairdos for long hair is another of our favourite. Women who love to have stylish looks along with funkiness blended well with it can try this style out. This is a super cool and stylish look that everyone will love it. Further, it is funky but not too experimental and over a top bold look. Try this out if you love to have the usual funky looks then go for too bold ones.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in the late 20s are best for this style.
- Best Season to Wear: Any season is excellent to try one out.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Women with any face and wavy curly hair are best suited here.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this style out if you like long casual dresses for date nights.
3. Funky Bob Hairstyles:
This funky fringe hairstyles and short funky bob hairstyles are well-suited with highlighted hair. As shown in the picture here, try out nice balayage hair or coloured hair with this style to look funky. While the haircut is not too new and unique, the colour and way of look are what differentiates it to be among the most sought funky hairstyles around.
- Ideal Age Group: 40s and 50s women can suit this style best.
- Best Season to Wear: Summers is a good time to work on this style.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Try this with casual tops and jeans to look good in casual outings.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Women with oval and diamond faces are the best fit here with any hair type.
Read: Balayage Hair Colours
4. Bob with Bangs Funky Haircut:
If you love bangs and want to have funky cuts in this similar variant, then try out this funky undercut hairstyle with bang. This looks feminine and girly given the way it looks amazing and stylish. While it is not the usual style we carry around for an everyday look, this still looks stylish and trendy. Women who love to experiment with their hair colour can try out this haircut for the best looks.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in their 30s and 20s only.
- Best Season to Try: Summers is a good time to try this hairstyle out.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Those with any hair and face type can try this look.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this for vintage skirts and dresses to give that classy vibe in retro-themed parties.
5. The Frontal Waves:
Now we come back to the everyday funks that you can opt for if you don’t believe in the extremists above. Here the funk factor lies in the sheer usage of soft-hued but new colours on your hair like the subtle mauve or even the bright violet. The hair is parted from one side and is waved up and extended. These are among funky short haircuts for beautiful hair.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style in winters and monsoons at best.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this funky pixie hairstyles variant with women in their 40s age.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: This style is best for an oval face and wavy or straight hair.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can wear casual, quirky western wear with it for going to dance music parties.
6. The Mohawk Over The Top:
This to one of the latest funky hairs which were first mostly exercised by the boys. The hair here resembles a mullet but only a much rougher and sharper version of it. The hair in the middle ends in a spiked up look, and the rest on the sides have been layered down to suit the look of the hair. The use of dark brown within the blond adds a subtle highlight. This is among the most modern funky hairstyles for long hair.
- Best Season to Try: This funky spiky hairstyle is good to try in winters.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this funky shaggy hairstyle in the 30s and 40s only.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Women with any face and hair type can try this style out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Try this style with shorts and western tops for daily wear if you are in the tattoo field.
Read: Simple Knot Hairstyles
7. Braid Bunch:
While we are at the Mohawks, here is another variation with a slightly girly touch to it which you can easily opt for. The hair here ends in a Mohawk and this time with subtle side shavings. The hair is toned and leaned down at the nape only to continue for later. The addition here is the soft side braid alongside the Mohawk. Try out this funky braided hairstyle if you want fine-looking funkiness.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this funky style for women in their late 20s and 30s.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: This style is suitable for a fashion statement dress for night parties.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Try this out as funky blonde hairstyles with oval and elongated faces.
8. The One-Sided Lock:
To go uber-trendy, you need to think out of the box, and it is here that we find the easy funky hairstyles being mixed and matched with some other hairstyle type. What started with shaven sides have now cropped up till the middle, so we get one side of the head full of luscious locks while the other sports a squeaky clean shaved bald look? This is among the best funky hairstyles now.
- Ideal Age Group: This hairstyle is suitable for women of 30s.
- Best Season to Try: Try this hairstyle in summers at the best look.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can try this style out with casual western dresses for themed parties.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Try this bold and cute funky hairstyle with an oval and round face with wavy hair.
9. Blue Colour Funky Hair:
Going all out in the trend-setting funk, this funky hairstyle for the girl is called a proper mullet first and mostly seen in guys before girls infiltrated the mid-sectioned hair with no sides. The middle hair is a spike with blue colour hair up but in a soft way leaving no sharp ends. The two sides are shaves beautifully while the hair continues throughout the length of the skull. This is among the most quirky, funky bob hairstyles.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in the 30s age group only.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: This style is the best with a nice funky dress for fashion themed parties.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: This style is best for wavy and funky curly hairstyles and oval and diamond faces.
Read: Style Hair without Gel
10. The Rainbow Pixie:
Pixies have been ruling the trend factor for quite a long time now, and in today’s world, even the pixie hairstyles are getting varied and modified to suit the newer upcoming trends. Here the pixie starts with short fluffed up layers that form a soft spiky formation on the background, where in the foreground you see a range of rainbow colours masking the front lock. This is among the most sought funky hairstyles for short hair.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this if you are in the late 20s and 30s age.
- Best Season to Try: Women can try this style in any season as they wish.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Try this style with any hair type and oval face.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: wear this style with casual western tops and jeans if you are in the daily art and music field.
11. The Spiked Look:
The punk spiky hairstyles here sports some uber funk in this hairdo. The frontal locks are quite spiked up, which continues throughout the entire hairstyle. The cool frosted shade of platinum blond gels well with the funky look, and this paired with soft brown smoky eyes create a good effect. For formal events, you can get the hair down. This can also suit funky hairstyles for medium length hair.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style for summers only.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age below 40 years can try this one out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Try this style with long dresses for night parties.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Wear this style with any face shape and silky hair.
This is an ordinary layered bob where simply the edge layers from the frontal parting have been coloured in a bright way to add a new funk to the look. If you don’t want to opt for the hairstyles, you can always add a little funk with the more original colours. This is among funky short haircuts for thick hair.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in the late 20s are good for this style.
- Best Season to Try: Try this hairstyle out in winters at best looks.
- Suitable Hair and Face Shape: Try this style with any thick hair and oval face.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can wear cute casual western tops and jeans or shorts to go out with friends in this look.
Read: Greek Hairstyles
- Funky hairstyles aren’t easy to maintain. Here are a few suggestions from us to manage this haircut.
- If you have coloured hair, make sure to have touch-ups regularly. This may range from 2 months to 4 months, depending on the nature of hair colour.
- Always trim hair once in 3-4 months for a better look.
- Take good care of hair with healthy products.
- Hair spa and nourishment makes an important part of making sure hair is fine and well maintained.
- A good diet is necessary if you want to have thick hair and fine-looking healthy hair. If the hair looks healthy and good, then funky hairstyles will automatically turn out to look great.
Hope these funky hairstyles guide given here are of help to you. Be it short hair or long hair, and these funky haircuts are among the most trending in the fashion market. Try them out, and you will like the way you have managed them. Be it events or parties or themed occasions they can be the best fit. Tell us further how you feel after trying them out, and we love to hear from you.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Can Pixie Cut Funky Hair Go With Women Of 60 Years Old?
Ans: Totally! The pixie cut with funky hair will look amazing for even women of above 60 years old. One does not need to do double thought with this one.
Q2. Can Young Girls Below 20 Years Carry Funky Hairstyles?
Ans: It is advisable to not experiment with colouring and funky styles for delicate and young hair. However, for themed parties and fancy parties, young girls can also try out funky hairstyles, it can also suit them best.
Q3. How To Protect Hair From Hair Colour And Highlights?
Ans: Make sure your hair is well-nourished as it tends to dry out soon. Use dry shampoo more than normal shampoo to retain colour for a long. Further use dye to conditioner, use sulfate-free shampoo and wash hair less often.
Q4. Is Hair Colouring Regularly Good For Hair?
Ans: The answer to this hair colouring question depends on how you treat and manage your hair. While one absolutely can tell that hair colouring isn’t healthy for hair regularly, you can manage to colour hair for occasions or for a certain time as you wish but make sure you take care well. However, we do not recommend regular colouring.