The shaggy hairstyles are anything more than fabulous. They are incredibly messy, sassy, sexy, and ultra-modern. The shag haircuts can be either short or mid or even longer hair length, but in the end, they are always stylish. The shaggy hairstyles have a lot of texture and density in their looks and bring on new, vibrant hues. Perfect for young modern women in the new millennium, shaggy hairstyles are always a must-try.
20 Ultra-Modern Shag Hairstyles for Women in 2023:
With several trends and looks going around within the shaggy haircuts for women, here are a few of our customized top favourite picks you must not miss! Let’s go and explore them!
1. Burgundy Shaggy Haircut:
How do you look stylish in a bold hair colour, yet subtle and pleasant in the fashion statement? This lovely burgundy colour with a shag haircut will definitely impress you. The haircut is all about the statement and classic shag cut, with the side layers and the front fringes. The addition of colour brings on stylish ad feminine hues.
- Suitable Hair Type: Women with wavy hair texture and medium or shoulder length hair can try it out.
- Preferable Face Shape: Those with an oval or heart face shape can try this haircut.
- Ideal Age Group: Anyone in their 20s and 30s can try this burgundy shag haircut.
- Matching Outfit: Western outfits or dresses are perfect and the best pick.
- Best Occasion: Casual outings or parties are the ideal choices with this hairstyle.
- Suitable Season: This versatile cut can be tried out in any month across the year.
2. Classic Shag Haircut:
Are you looking for the best choices in shaggy hair haircuts? Well, this will impress you indeed. The hairstyle is all about recreating the classic and vintage hues with the shaggy haircut and curly hair texture. You can recreate this feminine look easily with a professional and look stylish all around the year!
- Suitable Hair Type: Women with curly or wavy hair tresses can try it out.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval face shape is best suited for this haircut.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their 20s age group can ideally pick this look.
- Matching Outfit: Casual western wear is an apt and perfect pick here.
- Best Occasion: Women can wear this on any occasion and day.
- Suitable Season: Winters and colder months can give stylish vibes to this look.
3. Shaggy Hair with Short Fringe:
How about looking youthful and stylish with this shaggy hair and a short front fringe? This is indeed a unique and authentic look to try out for older age group women and for those who have an eye for discovering new age modern fashion. The haircut is easy to maintain and can give you a quick style appearance any day!
- Suitable Hair Type: Any hair texture can try this haircut seamlessly.
- Preferable Face Shape: Women with oval, heart and diamond face shapes can try it out.
- Ideal Age Group: Those over the 40s age group can pick this look.
- Matching Outfit: Casuals are the perfect and apt pick for this stylish haircut.
- Best Occasion: Wear this look on any casual outings and gatherings.
- Suitable Season: Summers or warmer months can bring out the best of you in this look.
4. Shaggy Haircut for Straight Hair:
This lovely shag haircut with the front light fringe bangs can be a perfect combination if you have a straight hair texture. It can even out the look, balance the vibes and bring you a feminine and gorgeous stylish appearance. We love this look, particularly for women with long hair length, to have an elegant escalated appearance.
- Suitable Hair Type: Straight hair texture is a perfect fit.
- Preferable Face Shape: Women with heart and oval face shapes can try it out.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their late 20s and early 30s can try this hairstyle for an effortless look.
- Matching Outfit: Women can wear this with any outfit of choice.
- Best Occasion: The style is suitable for both casual looks and parties.
- Suitable Season: Winters and colder months are a perfect choice for this look.
Read: Shaggy Bob Styles
5. Modern Bold Messy Shaggy Cut:
Add on to the glam and peppy looks with this bold and stylish contemporary women’s shag cut. The haircut is all about flaunting your perfect modern style statement in an effortless way. The blonde hairstyle brings a messy contemporary style statement with a unique edgy and chic feel. How do you like it?
- Suitable Hair Type: Women with any hair texture can try out this haircut.
- Preferable Face Shape: Those with round and square face shapes can prefer it.
- Ideal Age Group: Any age group of women can try this sleek haircut.
- Matching Outfit: Western wear and casuals are a perfect pick here.
- Best Occasion: Parties, outings, dinners, and gatherings are ideal events.
- Suitable Season: The haircut is suitable for women all year round.
6. Mid-Parted Shag Cut for Wavy Hair:
This mid-parted shaggy vintage hairstyle can also add a glamorous radiant style. This is indeed the best and trending shaggy hairstyle in the fashion world today, for all the well-known reasons. The look seamlessly delivers a youthful appearance for women in any age group and is versatile to style on various occasions and outfits. How cool is that?
- Suitable Hair Type: Women with wavy hair texture and medium hair length can try it out.
- Preferable Face Shape: The heart and oval face shape is a perfect fit.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in any age group can try this beautiful look for a seamless style statement.
- Matching Outfit: Any outfit, western or Indian, can try this look.
- Best Occasion: Parties, outings, gatherings and casual days are perfect.
- Suitable Season: The style is perfect for spring and winter.
7. Shag Haircut for Teenage Girls:
This pretty shag haircut is a perfect and beautiful choice for younger age group girls, in teenage. The look is radiant and peppy and gives a pretty vibe with modern hues. The style doesn’t overshadow the sense of bold fashion but instead creates a stunning, balanced vibe to go well with the youthful elegance. Do you agree?
- Suitable Hair Type: This hairstyle for girls is suitable for curly or wavy hair texture.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval, diamond and heart face shapes are ideal.
- Ideal Age Group: Women and girls below 20 years can try.
- Matching Outfit: Casuals and Western party dresses are the best fit.
- Best Occasion: Parties, outings, and dinners are ideal choices.
- Suitable Season: Try this hairstyle for any season all around the year.
8. Blue Shaggy Haircut with Layers and Pigtails:
This hairstyle is truly one-of-a-kind and is sure to impress young millennial women and girls. The blue hair shaggy haircut here features layers and pigtails to give it a unique and seamless vibe. While the layered shaggy haircut is already unique and exudes stylish vibes, the pigtails hairstyle on the sides brings you bold and boho vibes.
- Suitable Hair Type: Any hair texture can try this hairstyle for a beautiful look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Round and oval face shape women can try out.
- Ideal Age Group: Those in their late 20s and 30s age group can try this lovely look.
- Matching Outfit: Casual tees and western wear are an ideal pick.
- Best Occasion: Casual outings and parties are perfect for this hairstyle.
- Suitable Season: The look is suitable for winter, autumn and spring.
9. Shaggy Haircut for Formal Wear:
Formal occasions and shaggy haircuts often are assumed not to go well together. But, this hairstyle indeed breaks our assumption with the gorgeous and beautiful look. The shag haircut with front bangs is particularly perfect for formal outings and formalwear occasions. This is among the best trending shaggy hairstyles for women.
- Suitable Hair Type: Women with wavy and straight hair textures can try this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Oval face shape is suited to this hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in any age group can try this gorgeous hairstyle.
- Matching Outfit: Formal wear is a perfect pick here.
- Best Occasion: Wear this look for your professional engagements and outings.
- Suitable Season: This style is ideal for winters and colder months.
10. Shag Haircut for Thin Hair:
Get away from your thin hair texture woes with this simple yet stunning shag haircut. The shaggy cut is all about effortlessly flaunting your best self despite any hair texture. The red hair colour accentuates your looks and adds to the contemporary seamless vibe. It is perfect for women on a myriad of occasions.
- Suitable Hair Type: Women with any hair texture can try this hairstyle.
- Preferable Face Shape: Round, oval and heart face shapes are best suited here.
- Ideal Age Group: Those under age below 40 years can try it out.
- Matching Outfit: Casual western wear tops and tees are a good choice.
- Best Occasion: Add this style for your outings, dinners and gatherings.
- Suitable Season: Any season throughout the year suits this hairstyle.
11. Meg Ryan’s Shaggy Hair:
The American actress, Meg Ryan is one of the ardent and huge followers for shag looks. Here is one of her latest pictures, where she is proudly flaunting in her short shag haircuts for women. With the dense curls and waves around, we see her beautifully stunning in this contemporary shaggy wispy look. This ultra-modern Meg Ryan hairstyle is not very bold yet very gorgeous and fascinating for any woman who wants to try it out. The layers within aren’t very deep but yet mild and elegant.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Curly and wavy fine hair texture is ideal here.
- Preferable Face Shape: This look is suitable for oval and diamond face shapes.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this look for women in their 40s to look youthful.
- Matching Dress: From skirts and dresses to formal wear, this look is best for all of it.
- Best Occasion: Wear this for office parties or cocktail events.
- Suitable Season: Winters and monsoons are a perfect and apt season to fit in this look.
12. Taylor Swift Curly Shag with Bangs:
Women, if you have a proper oval face shape, nothing better than this Taylor Swift hairstyle is a recent pop look. With the dense curls all around, and bangs falling on the forehead, trimmed about neatly, this is inspired by a long layered bob with shaggy hairstyles. It is definitely one of the most recent styles which have got popular across the globe. Why not the celebrity herself is seen flaunting the hair look, and it is now the most coveted look!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Curly hair texture is an apt and perfect fit.
- Preferable Face Shape: Look into this look if you have a proper oval face shape.
- Ideal Age Group: This style is perfect for women in their late 20s to early 30s women.
- Matching Dress: Wear this for party wear dresses and skirts.
- Best Occasion: This is an amazing and stunning look suitable for parties and high-end occasions.
- Suitable Season: Any season can be quite relevant to this look.
13. Medium Length Shag Look with Waves:
If you love a freaky and unique shag look, this medium length wavy hair with wispy shaggy bangs can be the best one. These shag haircuts are entirely new and yet is fascinating for the contemporary vibes and hues attached to them. If you are bored of casual routine looks and have an edge to try the most ultra-ideal looks, this can be the best to see. Make sure to get this mid-length hairstyle done with a professional stylist for the right trim and dose.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Wavy hair texture can be ideal and ideal in this shag haircut with bangs.
- Preferable Face Shape: This style is best for square, diamond, oval and heart face shapes.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 30s can be ideal and suitable for the best looks.
- Matching Dress: Casuals to party wear, this look and makeover are super versatile!
- Best Occasion: Try this style during casual outings and gatherings.
- Suitable Season: Winters and summers can be the best and most apt seasons here.
Read: Shaggy with Bangs 2023
14. Layered Shaggy Haircut:
Here is one of our favourites again. This shaggy layered hairstyle trend is never-ending, and we love the way the entire makeover is super dramatic and edgy. While the haircut itself is sleek, the entire ombre pinkish hair is stunningly beautiful. It gives not only a feminine vibe to it but also a stylish makeover with modern preferences. This haircut can also be ideal for hiding down the thin hair and giving up an elegant shag look.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Any hair texture can be suitable for this look.
- Preferable Face Shape: For women with heart and diamond face shapes can be ideal.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this for women in their 20s to look bold and edgy.
- Matching Dress: Casuals are only best to fit here, such as tees and shorts/jeans.
- Best Occasion: Wear this for pop music occasions or edgy, funky parties.
- Suitable Season: Winters and monsoons are the best seasons and fit.
15. JLO’s Messy Shag:
JLO’s hairstyle, makeover, bold, heavy looks, and attitude cannot be competed with. This particular messy shag haircut style statement cannot be carried right by everyone, and JLO did it! With intense looks, a confident attitude and timeless beauty, this makeover of hers has become a phenomenon today, and we can’t keep our eyes away from it too. Isn’t it right?!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Any hair texture can try this lookout.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for round, oval and heart face shapes.
- Ideal Age Group: This style is for women above their 30s and can be carried well by anyone.
- Matching Dress: Wear this with casuals or edgy partywear, you are good to go in everything!
- Best Occasion: This is the best style for intimate parties, cocktail events, dinner dates, and more.
- Suitable Season: Winters and summers are the best time to try this shoulder length shag haircut.
16. Shaggy Cut for Older Women:
Did you know the shag makeover can be done even by women of older and elder age groups? If you are thinking about what can be such an ideal makeover, this look for women over 60 is a suitable and pretty apt style statement. This very short shaggy bob haircut with mild shag touch, but the extremely modern look is for those women who do not want to settle for less!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Straight and wavy hair texture is ideal and the best fit.
- Preferable Face Shape: Try this for round, square and oval face shapes.
- Ideal Age Group: This is among the most coveted shaggy hairstyles for fine hair and women over 60.
- Matching Dress: This look can go with ethnic, western, and casual too. Isn’t it cool!
- Best Occasion: Wear this for outings with family and friends.
- Suitable Season: Try this style during summer, spring, and monsoons season for the best of the looks!
17. The Edgy Shaggy Pixie Cut:
Are you in search of a swag-kind of style?! Do you love experimenting with makeovers and do not want to compromise with the usual routine? Then why wait? Try this edgy pixie look. It is not just a haircut girl, instead of a mark in the world of fashion. With the choppy pixie idea, mild fringes (very short) falling around and high shaggy cut hairstyles (noticed the layers and trims?!), it is for only women who dream of looks which is a phenomenon in the future!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Straight and wavy hair texture can be best.
- Preferable Face Shape: Try this for any face shape; it can fit in well.
- Ideal Age Group: Girls and women in their late 20s to the mid-30s are best.
- Matching Dress: Casuals such as tops and tees, jeans, and shorts are best.
- Best Occasion: Be it for vacations, beach looks, or party nights, this is an apt fit.
- Suitable Season: Winters and monsoons are the time for this new look.
Read: Layered Shag Haircuts
18. Curly Shag Haircut:
When we talk about shag cuts, not every haircut or makeover is very bold or unique. There are some mild and regular styles too, and here is one such look. This simple, everyday, shaggy medium hairstyle for thick hair and curly hair is pretty apt and on point. The sharp looks, tiny mild bangs, edgy style and sleek contemporary yet simple makeover are for every woman out there!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Curly hair texture is the apt fit here.
- Preferable Face Shape: All face shapes can be ideal and ideal in this look.
- Ideal Age Group: This style is for women in their 20s and 30s age group.
- Matching Dress: Casuals and formal such as shirts, jeans, skirts, and tops can be best.
- Best Occasion: Wear this for regular office wear or outings.
- Suitable Season: This style is super versatile, so one can wear it all around the year.
19. Shag Makeover for Mid-Age Women:
Finally, this middle-aged woman flaunting the simple yet elegant and classy blonde shag haircuts for women over 50 is not to be missed. With the longhair, chubby face, and lovely looks, this cute and simple look is super easy to maintain and gives a fresh and new feel to anyone willing to try it out. The tiny fringes falling on the forehead further enhance the facial features and provide a sharp look.
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Any hair texture can try this ideal look.
- Preferable Face Shape: Wear this for round, oval and diamond face shapes.
- Ideal Age Group: This is the perfect shaggy hairstyle for fine hair for women aged over 50.
- Matching Dress: Wear this with ethnic or casual; it will look good.
- Best Occasion: This can be an ideal look for everyday outings or office wear.
- Suitable Season: Winters and monsoons are perfect and suitable seasons.
20. The Ultra-Modern Colorful Shag Cut:
Here we go. This colourful blue combination look of a curly shag cut with fringes on the forehead is making the news right now for all the right reasons. It is sassy, trendy, super-fabulous, and just hits the correct ultra-modern and wild dose. If you are a girl who doesn’t settle for less or loves the colourful and bright vibe and hues around, this is a must-try. Rest assured, and undoubtedly, you are going to be the talk of the town! Don’t we all love attention?!
Possible Style Ideas:
- Suitable Hair Type: Curly and dense wavy hair texture is ideal for the haircut
- Preferable face shape: Round and square face shapes are good to go in this shaggy hairstyle. However, it is best even for heart face shape.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age below 40 can try this look.
- Matching Dress: This style is only good with casuals or simple party wear, given the bold makeover.
- Best Occasion: Try this for parties, high-end music events, and more!
- Suitable Season: Winters and autumn seasons are the right time to try this apt look.
With the new shaggy looks trending all across, we admit we are all over-excited to try them. But these are tricky to style and maintain. Do you know that? Here are a few tips.
- If you love the look and want to maintain the same one, trim it regularly.
- Here is the trick. If you want a more intense and bold choice, go with deep and lots of layers on the sides, forehead and edges. For simple ones, reduce the number of chops and layers.
- Do not accessorize much with these looks. They are edgy and straightforward themselves, which tend to attract a lot of bold attention, even in casual styles. Over-styling or heavy makeovers may not give the focus to the haircut as much as it deserves!
- Work on good hair spray to make sure the hair sticks in place very well. It can enhance the thickness of hair too.
With these shaggy haircuts and hairstyles ideas, we are sure that they are the next phenomenon the world will see. While most of them have received excellent attention given the celebrity looks and style statements, these looks are here to stay and are for those women who love modern and ultra-sleek choices. Try them out, and you can also be a star, even in your everyday looks. What do you think? Tell us your thoughts too!