Feathered hairstyles are most famous for the past two decades, and they have been heavily trending across fashion towns. This haircut brings in a thick and bouncy look of hair, giving in the sense of cheerful and gorgeous appearance effortlessly. The feathered hairstyles can fit in everyone effortlessly, be it any hair texture and facial features. Those with thin hair can enjoy having bouncy looking hair, and those with thick hair can have a more textured look.
Isn’t it cool? We have compiled a list of top trending feathered hairstyles for you to check out!
20 Best Feather Haircuts for Women and Girls with Images:
This article delves into the top 20 variations of this modern feathered haircuts and hairstyles for women and girls with pictures.
1. Layered Feather Haircut:
If you have straight hair, then what not then go with this stylish look. This feathered layered hairstyle is among the most simple yet trendy and edgy look. It enhances the beauty of face easily with its simple look and elegance. Try this style if you have thick hair, you will look amazing in those layered feathers that gently fall on your shoulders.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style if you are in the 20s only.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this hairstyle.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Nice fancy dress till midi length is good to go for college.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Oval face with straight hair are best for this hairstyle.
2. Feather Haircut for Short Hair:
The length of this hairstyle starts from shortest blunt cut and goes up to the length of shoulder level. Ideally, to give a complete feathered look, the blunt cut should be completely layered and textured intricately. When a shoulder-length hair is given feathered hairstyle, then length can be kept throughout and restricted to the eye zone. This is among top short feathered hairstyles.
- Best Season to Try: Try this best style in summers for good looks.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in 40s and 50s are good at this hairstyle.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Those with an oval and round face can try this style out with straight wavy hair.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this with western wear and tops or dresses for parties or gatherings to look great.
3. The Classic Feather Cut Hairstyle:
This is the original style wherein it is under layer. It can be done with both centre parting and the side parting, maintaining long hair lengths at the sides. This hairstyle adds a subtle look to your hair. The classic feathered layered hairstyles are always the opted choice among the many who prefer a feather cut.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are the best time to try out this hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in the early 30s and late 20s for good looks.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Try this style with a long gown or dress for parties at best looks.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Women in oval and diamond face with wavy hair are best for this one.
4. Bold Feathered Hairstyle:
Here is the bold and stylish variant of feathered bob hairstyles. Women who love to experiment and want to look totally out of the crowd fashion trending and sleek can try this style out. This looks amazing, trendy and modern. If you love bold looks, then there is nothing like this stylish vibe and fancy haircut.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in 30s are best for this style.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style in any season as you wish.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this for themed parties with edgy quirky dresses.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Round and oval face with any hair type can try this one out.
Read: Gajra Hairstyle On Saree
5. Wavy Flowing Feathered Hairstyle:
Women who have both good length hair and volume are the ideal contenders for this hairstyle as texturing this kind of hair with long bangs can bring out the best look, giving them a chic and stylish look. This medium feathered hairstyle for straight hair is the next best-opted style by women. Try out hairstyles here.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in the 20s for cuter looks.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Women with any face and straight hair are best for this style.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this with ethnic wear or western dress for parties or family gatherings.
6. The Undercut Feathered Hairstyle:
The undercut feathered hairstyle involves reverse layering and essentially looks good on bob cut hair. This hairstyle looks best when the hair is slightly turned under. Celebrities like Jennifer Lawrence have often been seen sporting this look. How about this as your ideal summer feather cut hairstyle? Sounds like an idea? This is among top trending feathered bob hairstyles.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this style for any age below 40 years old.
- Best Season to Try: Summers and monsoons are best for this haircut.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can wear blazer and shirts for formal wear in offices.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Women with oval and rectangle faces can try this style out with any hair type.
7. The Messy Look Feather Cut Hairstyle:
Here is another look for feathered long hairstyles. Women who love to maintain long hair can try this style out. However, it is the best fit for medium length hair also. This style is chic and edgy, and it looks brilliant if you have blonde hair. Further, the hair is easier to maintain, and style as well looks good even if you keep with bangs. Try this style out if you have a bigger forehead and if you want edgy style.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style for women in 20s only.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this haircut.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can wear a lovely dress to knee length and wear for parties.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: If you have an oval face and wavy hair, then this style is the best for you.
8. Side Braided Feather Cut:
This is the ethnic look, and modern vibes feathered hairstyles. And it’s totally looking trending and cute as it gives that mild ethnic look with cuter vibes. If you are among those who do not want to keep too much effort on hairstyles and yet want to look totally unique and stylish, this one is perfect.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Try this one out if you are in your late 20s and 30s age.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Women with elongated faces and straight hair are best for this one.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this style with nice western tops and skirts or pants to look edgy for going out with friends or date nights.
9. Modern Feathered Hairstyle for Women:
The introduction of the feathered blonde hairstyle in the seventies got improvised by texturing it and scrunching it and converting it into a modern feathered style. In curls and out curls were both done at the edges to add glamour. Blow-dry your hair and let it loose for any occasion. It will look neat and add a bit of accessories to set it right.
- Ideal Age Group: If you are in your 30s, then this is best suited to you.
- Best Season to Try: Winters and monsoons are a good time to try this one out.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Women with any face and wavy hair can try this one out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Try this style with everyday casual wear for friends outings or date nights.
10. Very Short Feathered Haircuts for Girls:
In this picture, you will be able to see how you can make even very short hair look very smart and pretty with a feathered haircut. The woman here has a very shortcut with most of the feathered styles above the head. She is looking very modern, and this one is an absolute no maintenance hairstyle. This can also go with feathered short bangs hairstyle.
- Best Season to Try: Summers are the best time to try this one out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in your late 30s to 40s age.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: This style goes well with formal wear for office times or meetings.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Women with an oval and round faces can try this one out with any hair.
11. Medium Bob Feathered Haircut:
This one is a soft feather cut hairstyle with a little bit of highlighting too. Bob’s feather cut is not short but looks like a softer version of the medium bob with some flow towards the front of the forehead. And this is a very girlie style in spite of the short length of hair. This style is the perfect summer cut and is a feather cut hairstyle for round faces.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 30s are best for this haircut.
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style in summers and monsoons at best.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear lovely party skirts to go to cocktail parties in this style.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Try this style if you have an oval, and round face and wavy hair.
12. Feather Cut for Curly Hair:
The very stylish girl with the blood-red puckers here sports a rock-chic look with the grungy bangs and the curly hair feather hairstyle. Here she has long hair, and she has left the curls on the lower part of the hair and yet managed to keep the feathery look. This is one of the best, and most famous feather cut hairstyles that add to your beauty. How about this for your curly hair?
- Best Season to Try: Wear this style in any season as you want.
- Ideal Age Group: This sizzling style is suitable for women in their 20s only.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: This stylish cut is good with hot dresses for parties only.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Wear this style with an oval face only with wavy or curly hair.
13. Colored Balayage Feathered Haircut:
If you love colouring or balayage styles, well you can club these medium feathered hairstyles here also. This looks trending, stylish and gives all those modern vibes you need. It goes apt if you love highlighting or colouring hair well. Try this style out for the new edgy and fashionable style.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are a good time to try out this haircut.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their late 20s and 30s are good for this hairstyle.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this with nice long pants and tops to look good at parties.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Any wavy hair and any face shape can try this hairstyle variant.
14. The Pageboy Hairstyle:
This hairstyle is named after a page boy’s haircut, involves a short blunt with front fringes. The length should not go beyond the shoulder length. To give a feathered and ruffled look, one should ensure a lot of under layers. Curling the edges towards the inside makes it very elegant and stylish. This is a trendy feather blunt cut hairstyle.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in the 30s age group.
- Best Season to Try: Summers is a good time to try this hairstyle out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this style with western dresses or skirts for corporate parties.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Women with straight hair and square or round face are suitable for this.
15. Super Feather Bangs Hairstyle for Medium Length Hair:
This is one of the most stylish feather cut hairstyles on the whole list. Notice the woman has highlighted hair and the feather cut on her straight and silky hair looks lovely. Also, she has medium length hair and a complete bang which drops on her forehead. If you like, go for some mild shades of hair colour that will go best with your complexion. That adds the remaining charm.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this if you are in your late 20s only.
- Best Season to Try: Women can try this style in any season as they wish.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear this style with dresses or fancy skirts to go to parties.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Those with diamond and square faces with wavy hair are best for this.
16. Thick Feathered Style:
This is among trending shoulder-length feathered hairstyles which are good for women in the middle-aged group or who have thick hair. If you love to flaunt your hair in a trendy way at any age and wants to have a bold look yet edgy looking then what else than this style? Try this one with a middle parting to look great and sexy. This is totally among our top favourite vintage hairstyles.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in your 40s age.
- Best Season to Try: Winters are good to try this style out.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can wear lovely strapless dresses here to go to parties.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Wavy hair and oval face are best looking to this hairstyle.
17. Side Undercut Hairstyles:
Here is semi pixie hairstyle with a feather cut. This short feathered hairstyle is trending and stylish, is among the most sought modern look right now for women. In case you are among those women who want to look like the boss lady and want to give sleek and modern vibes, then this is a must-go style. Try this style if you have thick hair. You can further go ahead and colour it a bit to look great, with some high lights.
- Best Season to Try: Women can try this in summers and monsoons.
- Ideal Age Group: Best age to try this style is when you are in your 30s and 40s.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: wear this style with tops and skirts or shorts to go to parties.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Women with a round face and any hair can try this one out.
18. Pixie and Feather Haircut:
This one is the perfect pixie cut in combination with the super cool feathered style. In this, the lady has completely cropped up hair in a sweet pixie style but have come out of the girlie girl version of it and have thus given the feathered hairstyle a shot over here and she looks good too! It is one of the most popular and trendy feather cut hairstyles for women.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is good to go in this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style if you are in the 30s and 40s age group.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Wear formal wear like blazers and skirts to go to the office in this cut.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Those with oval, diamond and rectangle face with wavy hair are suitable for this haircut.
19. Russian Doll Style Feather Haircuts:
This is one amazing idea of the feather haircuts in which the beautiful girl has very curly and permed hair. The lower parts of the hair are in a feathered version, and that makes the whole thing look even prettier. This one is a safe style, and you can adapt this at any time. Time to flaunt your curly hair with this long feathered hairstyle!
- Ideal Age Group: Try this if you are in your 20s age.
- Best Season to Try: Women can try this in winters at best.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Any face and curly hair are best for this style.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can wear this outfit with excellent ethnic wear to look amazing for family functions.
Read: Celebrity Hairstyles
20. Celebrity Fringe Feather Haircut:
These is trending feathered fringe hairstyles. And this is another version of the French fringes with a feathered end to it. In this version of the feathered haircut, the girl looks very sweet with romantic blonde hair. She has fine-textured medium length hair in a feathered cut, and the French fringes all over her forehead are also in a feathered style.
- Ideal Age Group: To try this if you are in your early 20s.
- Best Season to Try: Winters and monsoons are suitable for this style.
- Suitable Hair Type and Face Shape: Women with any face and straight hair are the best for this one.
- Perfect Outfit and Occasion: Women can wear casual western dresses or tops and pants to go to college here.
Here are a few tips and suggestions to go well with the feather cut variants,
- A feather haircut can be time taking and needs a lot of patience.
- Make sure you have a good professional stylist to go well with style.
- You do not need much of styling tools for these haircuts, so try and go natural.
- Make it look natural and simple in these haircuts. Do not go extra and overbold with hair accessories.
- If you want to have simpler looks, make sure you dress heavily for parties.
Fine hair maintenance is required to make sure hair looks thick and shining. Hence apply good hair oil every week and massage well. Go to a hair spa every month. These are well required for hair nourishment and moisturization.
Feather haircut isn’t new in the fashion world but is in trend from long back. However, these styles are back with a bang in these current scenes with modern looks and edgy vibes. Given that there are several variants within these feather cut hairstyles, you can quickly try out an ideal haircut for yourself as per your preferences and features or events. Try these out and tell us how you like the best.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Q1. Are Feathered Bangs Cut Style Suited for Women in 40s Age?
Ans: Feathered bangs are a fine variant of this style. These are required to be carried on well with confidence. Hence if you are sure about maintaining them well, then one does not require to worry about age for this variant.
Q2. Does Feather Cut go Well with Young Girls Below 20 Years Old?
Ans: Feather haircut generally looks good in women and girls who have dense hair. However, try this style out only if you have well-maintained hair and if you have good matured facial features. Or else the haircut may look flat.
Q3. Does Feather Haircut go with no Parting of Hair? Will it Look Good?
Ans: Feather haircut generally does not look good without hair parting. Side or centre parting is required in the hairstyle to look good in the feathered haircut.