We girls are spoilt of fashion for life. Who doesn’t love getting decked up and looking all beautiful, especially when there are festive events around the corner? From makeup to clothing and accessories, we make sure everything is spot on. But let us not miss out on the hairstyles part. The right festival hairstyles can make or break anyone’s look. Worry not; we won’t let that happen to you; with our list of trendy and beautiful festival hairstyles, we got you covered!
Be it a casual, festive event to large-scale trendy occasions, we have many choices for you to choose from. Let’s get started with the trending festival hair ideas.
20 Trending Hairstyles for Festivals:
Be it you prefer a casual and mild elegant look or a bang on – bold and plush appearance, these simple and cool and cute hairstyles for festivals ideas are going to impress you surely. Here we go!
1. The Contemporary Festival Hair Buns:
If you prefer a western and boho appearance with sleek and edgy vibes, worry not. You can try out lovely contemporary hairstyles too for festive events or occasions. These hair buns are quite easy to achieve and hardly would take any time. Further, as you see, the result is fascinating and can look youthful for anyone who tries this out. This is also an easy and quick short hair length hairstyles for festivals.
- Women with oval, diamond, and round face shape can try this hairstyle easily.
- This amazing look can be perfect with young age groups women such as in the 20s.
- Try this look out if you have a wavy hair texture for the best of the looks.
- Be it for western edgy outfit or long full length dresses, this half hair up half down in space buns can be good to go.
2. Festival Ponytail with Braids:
You may have come across normal everyday ponytail as well as braids. How about blending them both for a perfect unique hair makeover? Here is an example. With the puffy bubble ponytail and side braids variant, we are in awe with the unique and mesmerizing result. For those who prefer ethnic as well as edgy looks, this can be ideal. If you have medium hair length, this festival hairstyles can be perfect to go.
- This hairstyle can be good to go for any face shape and facial features.
- Try this hairstyle if you have wavy and straight hair texture for perfect looks.
- Women in the late 20s to till late 30s can try this lovely hairstyle out.
- Be it ethnic long dresses or chudidars; this hair makeover can be a perfect match.
3. Karwa Chauth Hairstyle:
For those special festive seasons which require a lot of makeovers and special festivities, you shouldn’t compromise. Here we have a new bride getting ready for the special Karwa Chauth festival, and we quite are in awe. With the densely braided hair bun and intricately patterned weaves, we are loving the gorgeous hairstyle. Try this one out and we bet you too can look like a dream.
- Women with oval, heart, and diamond face shape can try this festival hair updos.
- This hairdos can be ideal if you have any hair texture and can be tried easily by anyone.
- Women in the 20s and the 30s age group can look beautiful in here.
- Try this hairdo with ethnic outfits or lehengas and sarees for the perfect looks.
4. Diwali Loose Hair Hairstyle:
A simple yet graceful and elegant hairstyle idea is here. This Indian side braided look paired with loose hair is one of the most coveted and styled appearances. For that quick and yet mesmerizing hairstyle, this can be a good idea to try out. Women who prefer to look charming with minimal style statement must not miss this one. This is among easy festival hairstyles for long hair.
- Girls and women with oval face shape can try this hairstyle.
- This look is amazing for women who have straight and wavy hair texture.
- Those across age groups can try this versatile look, from women in the 20s to the 30s and the 40s.
- This mesmerizing hairstyle can be good to go with churidars, anarkalis, and lehengas.
See More: Indian Hairstyles for Women
5. Navratri Hairstyle:
For all those ten-day events during Navratris, if you are wondering how to manage your hair makeovers and appear perfectly stunning, we have something for you. The curled up wavy hairstyle is one of our absolute favorites and can be simple to do yet charming. Be it for your garbha nights or dandiya or pujas; this can cover them all. Be it short or long hair length, this easy Navratri hairstyle can be tried out easily.
- This hairstyle can be perfect for those with any face shape and facial features perfectly.
- Try this look with curly and wavy hair texture for perfect looks. Even if you have thin hair, this festival hairstyles can be perfect.
- We are in awe with this hairstyle’s perfect appealing looks on women in the 20s and the 30s age group.
- This loose hairstyle can be perfect with lehengas and Anarkali dresses.
6. Messy Festival Updos:
For more of a contemporary and modern messy look, we love this hairdo. With loose messy hair and knot, along with floral arrangements wrapped around, this lovely hairstyle is among the most timeless and elegant trends which can never be old or bored. Try this out for an array of festive occasions or events with ethnic wear, and we bet this can look outstanding.
- Women with round and oval face can try this hairstyle.
- This hairdo is amazing for those with wavy and straight hair texture.
- Try this look for women in the age group of the 30s and the 40s to look good.
- This hairstyle can be ideal with ethnic wear like long dresses or sarees.
7. Festive Hair Space Buns:
We get you – the new-gen youth and women are not ready to settle any less. The unique and innovative hairdos are more applauded in the circles. This reverse braided space buns can be one such ideal look for those looking for creative and trendy style statement. Be it for edgy wedding events or festivities, or classy celebrations, the hairdo can be amazing.
- Women with diamond and oval face shape are ideal to try this hairstyle.
- This look is good to go for those with any hair texture, be it for curly or wavy hair.
- Try this hairdo for those in any age group, till the 40s to look good.
- These innovative and edgy hair updos are ideal with indo-western kind of outfits and dresses.
8. Braided Festival Ponytail:
Braided ponytail is among the most famous hairstyle options for girls across generations and age groups. The sleek and classy texture and vibes attached to it is something which is vintage and classic. You can try this similar one, and yet look stunning if you love the feminine chic appearance.
- Women with oval and elongated face shapes can try this hairdo ideally.
- This look is good to go if you have a wavy and curly hair texture. Women with frizzy hair can also try this one.
- Wear this look for those in the 30s and the 40s to look youthful.
- Be it lehengas or sarees or dresses; this versatile hairdo can suit it all.
9. The Floral Hairstyle:
Floral hairstyles and hairdos are the most coveted and preferred looks for women in the new-gen. With the vintage and graceful styles around them, they can never go out of trend. This loose hair look with floral attachments and accessories can be perfect for those women who are in search for some heavy hair makeovers during celebrations. Be it for wedding festivities or events; this can be a perfect match.
- Those with any facial features and face shape can try this hairdo.
- This look is good to go if you have thick and wavy or straight hair texture.
- Try this look for women in the late 20s to look stunning and mesmerizing.
- This kind of hairdos are ideal with long maxi dresses and lehengas.
See More: Best and Simple Bun Hairstyles
10. Kerala Festive Inspired Hairstyle:
The Southernmost state, Kerala, is also popular for the charming and lovely makeovers during the festivities. They are quite known for their heavy celebrations and leave no gap in getting ready for events. This easy and simple side hair bun in Kerala style is among the most popular right now, for the feminine and beautiful looks.
- Women across age groups can try this hairstyle, preferably before 40 years old.
- This look can be good with those with round and diamond face shapes.
- Try this hairstyle if you have a smooth and wavy hair texture for best looks.
- This special hairstyle can only be good and ideal with sarees for the genuine traditional style statement.
11. Traditional Bun:
Here is a nice option as festival hairstyles for long or medium hair. The picture shown here is the local Thailand festival styling. This hairstyle is quite easy to do and can be done with your family and friends help. Go ahead and make a nice bun form and roll it around. Pin them up well. You can add festival hair accessories as you wish. Seen above are simple flowers rolled all around the bun. These will add to the look. Be it messy kind of bun or smooth textured bun as shown you can do any kind as your preference.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Try this style with the oval and diamond-shaped face shape and long hair.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: This is good to go with sarees and long dresses only while going to fancy celebrations anywhere.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a good time to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this style to suit women in their 20s and early 30s.
12. Fancy Straight Hairstyle:
Here is the Brazil festival hairstyle. We all love curls. Here is a good style among festival hairstyles for curly hair or straight hair. This is a coloured style with pinkish streaks all around, and all you need to do is braid it evenly and decorate it with flowers in between to give it an elegant look. Here we can find hair being braided in middle and decorated with nice festival hair rings and other festival hair jewellery.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Those with any face shape and straight hair are best fit for this style.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Women should wear a long ethnic dress in this celebration. This hairstyle is well suited to try during grand festival celebrations.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon are a good time to try out this style.
- Ideal Age Group: This is a beautiful style to try for women in their 20s.
13. Simple and Cute Festival Style:
This festival hairstyle for medium hair is pretty simple to do. It hardly takes time and is among the easiest in this trending list. Those who love usual and straightforward styles but want to add a little touch to everyday style can totally try this hairstyle. All you need to do is side braid hair and pin it up well. Further such kind of festival hair clips can be attached to add to the look and beauty. This is a French festival style.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Girls and women with oval, round and diamond-shaped face with straight and wavy hair can totally try this out. If you have thick hair, then it is an additional advantage.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear this with saree or lehengas or long dress to look good and smart. Further, this is a good style to wear in night celebrations.
- Best Season to Try: Winter is a good time to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their 20s and 30s and even 40s can totally try this style. This is quite a versatile style.
See More: French Braid Hairstyles
14. Stylish and Edgy Braided Hair Leave Over:
This is a good and sexy festival hairstyle for thin hair. If you want to show off the volume and look good, then this is a suitable option. Add on this style to nice accessories and maang tikka to further enhance the look. One can also try out festival hair colour to further enhance the look as shown in the picture.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with an oval-shaped face only is well suited here with wavy hair texture.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Women can wear nice lehengas or dress to look trendy in this style. Add on to this during grand festivals like Diwali.
- Best Season to Try: Any season is outstanding in trying out this style.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this for women in their 20s.
15. Traditional Braided Style with Flowers:
Who does not know this Indian festival hairstyle?! We all love and adore this simple and cute style. This is among most trending festival braid hairstyles. All you need to do is braid hair well from beginning to end and secure with elastic. Further, add on few nice flowers for hair to enhance the look and beauty. You would surely look grand and elegant.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This cultural and traditional style is suited for all face and hair types.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Nice saree goes very well with this style. Wear this one if you are going to visit temples or pujas.
- Best Season to Try: This is a quite versatile style suitable for any season.
- Ideal Age Group: Women of any age group can try this hairstyle out.
16. Simple Hairstyle with Flowers:
This is a smart and edgy mid summer festival hairstyle. Those who have less time and on a busy schedule wants to get an instant makeover can try this style out. This is nothing, but brushing hair well and pinning it in between. Nice festival hair wraps or flowers band can be decorated on hair as shown in the picture.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: This suits all face shapes and wavy hair well.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Try this with nice traditional dresses while going for celebrations.
- Best Season to Try: Monsoon and winter are a good time to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this if you are in your late 20s and 30s.
17. Festival Wavy Hair:
This Germany elegant festival hairstyle for short hair and medium hair is edgy and elegant. This style looks quite polished and stylish. All you need is brush hair thoroughly and do soft curls at the end. Part it nicely and add a nice hairband, as shown in the picture to look elegant. You can further add some nice festival hairband or festival hair accessories as per your choice.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with round and oval-shaped face with straight hair can try this one.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: This best suits nice long dresses and during festival celebrations at night.
- Best Season to Try: Try this style for any season as you wish.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in their early 20s can try this style out.
18. Elegant and Traditional Bun:
This festival updo hairstyle is among the most popular and sought after one. It is quite easy to do, and all you need to do is a good well-styled bun and decorate it with festival hair wraps or accessories. These are totally enhancing the beauty and escalating the look further. These further give a traditional touch, and you would love this look.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Any face and hair type can try this lookout.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Women can wear this look with saree only for traditional functions.
- Best Season to Try: Summer is a suitable time to try this look.
- Ideal Age Group: Women in any age group can totally try this versatile style.
19. Easy and Edgy Festival Hairdo for Modern Woman:
This Indian festival hairstyle looks quite edgy and elegant, right? But it is also very easy to do and does not take your time much. This will add to your look, and all you need is the help of an assistant to help you out if you are stuck. And this is trendy and can be later decorated with festival hair rings if you like them that way. Here is the festival hair tutorial.
- First, brush hair well.
- Take hair from the sides and from above and tie it out.
- Continue taking hair from sides again, from beneath of what was already taken and again keep elastic to tie it.
- Continue like that four times.
- Make sure you attach all hair when taken from sides.
- Now put a big elastic to tie the hair.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Girls and women with oval and diamond-shaped face with medium length straight hair can try it out.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear chudidhar or saree to look good in this. This is a good style for attending traditional functions.
- Best Season to Try: Summer, winter is good to try this style out.
- Ideal Age Group: Wear this if you are in your 20s.
20. Festival Elegant Hairdo:
This resembles a music festival hairstyle. And this is edgy and can be worn for modern festivals. It is smart and goes to look if you want to look bold, confident, stylish and trendy altogether. This is such an elegant and polished style. It takes some time but will turn out to be super chic! Here is how to do it.
- Brush hair thoroughly and take a tiny section of hair from the top.
- Tie it with elastic and continue to tie elastic until below that section in the form as shown in the picture.
- Take hair from sides now beneath the section from where we already took earlier.
- Secure the hair taken from sides beneath the elastic and pin it well.
- Attach elastics as shown in the picture till you come for an end.
- Take hair from sides and go beneath the already existing section.
- Once you start doing so, you can notice an elegant braid kind of pattern.
- Do it until the end and tie with elastic.
- Suitable Hair and Face Type: Women with oval and diamond-shaped face with straight hair type can try this out.
- Perfect Dress and Occasion: Wear this long ethnic dress for wearing it to chic music parties.
- Best Season to Try: Winter and monsoon are best suited to this style.
- Ideal Age Group: This is good for women in their 20s and 30s.
See More: Curly Hairstyles for Saree
- These hairstyles are elegant and edgy. Healthy and smooth hair can do wonders in showing results and can bring out the beauty of any hairstyle.
- Take care of hair well every day and take precautions against sun damage. Do not over shampoo hair.
- Apply conditioner after every hair washes for nourishing hair.
- Moisturizing hair is always required. Apply oil mask every week without fail.
- Visit hair spa every month to make sure hair is healthy and smooth.
- To make sure that these festival hairstyles are in place, apply hair spray at the end to let the hairstyle remain in place for a long time.
- Trim hair once every three months on average to let the hair grow healthy and shiny.
If you love the festivities and getting ready for events across in the ethnic fashion, these festival hairstyles can be an ideal and perfect match for you. Try them out and you can look mesmerizing and stylish without any doubt.
Frequently Asked Question and Answers:
Q1. How to protect hair with hair styling regularly with tools?
Ans: Hair should be taken care of, especially if you are using styling tools regularly. Heat may severely damage hair. Hence apply Argan oil, and hair serum before using styling equipment. Further hair protection spray should also be applied after styling.
Q2. How to make hair look shiny and smooth naturally?
Ans: Smooth and shiny hair is something we all want. These can be achieved naturally also. Apply Argan oil and Moroccan oil regularly. Further, you can apply amla powder with oil too and try it out, and you will love the texture. If you have time, try applying egg and curd to hair as well, they are a bit time consuming but will look lovely on hair after results.
Q3. Does braided hairdo with accessories suit women with square and rectangular-shaped faces?
Ans: Yes, absolutely! These hairdos with a nice braid in the centre with accessories can suit everyone as per the face type you can do specific alterations. For instance, to reduce sharpness in the face due to being square-shaped, you can allow some soft curls on either side of ears to make the look edgy and elegant.