It has been more than 2000 years that oregano oil is used for delivering the desired health benefits to its users. The oregano oil is native to the regions of the Mediterranean region and was used precisely in that region in the beginning. But now the world is aware of the various oregano oil benefits for skin as well as its benefits for health and hair and therefore oregano oil is using across the globe.
The oregano plant is the perennial plant which belongs to the botanical family of the Labiatae. The scientific name of the oregano plant is known as Origanum Vulgare. There are more than 40 varieties of oregano plant from which the users can get the maximum of health benefits.
What Is Oregano Oil?
You should not confuse the oregano oil with the oregano that is found in the market. The oregano oil belongs to the family of Origanum Vulgare. You can use the oil of the oregano plant in either liquid form or the capsule form. In general, the oregano oil is derived from the leaves and flowers of the oregano plant which is used for various health purposes.
Other Names Of Oregano Oil In Different Languages:
The oregano oil is also famous for its different names used in different languages. Some of them are as follow:
- Hindi: Ajavaayan kee pattee tel
- Telugu: Oregano Ayil
- Tamil: Arkano Enney
- Kannada: Oregano Enne
- Malayalam: Oriyaganea Enna
- Marathi: Telakata Tela
The Composition Of Oregano Oil:
The various ingredients found in the composition of the oregano oil were found using the steam distillation method for being sure that they will deliver only the best benefits for the health of the users. Some of the essential ingredients that are found in the composition of oregano oil are as follow:
- Carvacrol: 63.97 %
- P-cymene: 12.63 %
- Linalool: 3.67 %
- O-cymene: 17.98 %
- Caryophyllene oxide: 5.25 %
- Y-terpinene: 4.22 %
Observing the composition of the oregano oil, it can be said that the ingredient is the best for medical applications as well as for its consumption for fighting against the health, skin and hair problems and diseases.
Is Oregano Oil Safe?
Yes, the various oregano oil uses and benefits are incredibly safe for the health. However, to make the most of the oregano oil benefits, you should be aware of how to use oregano oil and should take the same in the appropriate quantity. Also, to be sure about avoiding all the possible side effects, you should first consult your case with your doctor or health expert.
How Does Oregano Oil Work?
Nowadays, oregano oil is being used for several health problems. The various anti-bacterial and anti-inflammation properties of the oregano oil helps in bringing effective results for most of the health problems with the benefits of treating its symptoms as well.
With the application of the oregano oil, the oil gets absorbed in the skin and thus brings the best of benefits for the problems. With the proper penetration of the oil in the body, it targets the root cause of the problem along with bringing the desired positive impact on the pain and other related symptoms that may follow the problem.
Oregano Oil Nutrition Facts:
Do you know what helps oregano oil benefits for cold? Are you aware of the nutrients that let the users get the oregano oil benefits for hair? Well, every benefit of oregano oil is because the oregano oil contains the right amount of nutrients that are needed by the body and its health to fight against the various health problems. Yes, we are talking about oregano oil nutrition facts.
The knowledge of the nutritional facts of the oregano oil helps in making the users aware about the various oregano oil vitamins available that help the body to react positively against the different health, skin, and hair related issues.
Here are some of the nutritional facts of oregano oil that you can find in per 100 grams of the ingredient:
- Proteins: 9 g
- Water: 7.2 g
- Ash: 7.2 g
- Phytosterols: 203 mg
- Total Calories: 265
- Total Carbohydrates: 69 g
- Vitamin A: 1701 IU
- Total Fat: 4.3 g
- Vitamin C: 2.3 mg
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Vitamin E: 18 mg
- Dietary Fibers: 43 g
- Vitamin K: 622 mcg
- Calcium: 1.6 g
- Iron: 37 g
- Magnesium: 270 mg
- Phosphorous: 148 mg
- Potassium: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 25 mg
How To Make Oregano Oil?
Other than using the oregano oil from the best brands, it is also easy to make your own oregano oil at home. Yes, it is possible to make the oregano oil at home with just following some simple steps. Apart from following the steps for making oregano oil at home, you should also be aware of knowing how do you use oregano oil for getting the best benefits.
Here are some of the simple steps that you can follow for preparing your very own oregano oil along with the ingredients that you would need.
- Chopped or crushed leaves of oregano
- Olive oil
- 2 jars with lids
- Boil some water in a pan up to its maximum boiling point.
- Put the chopped or crushed oregano leaves in the jar and add olive oil in that jar in such a way that all the leaves get soaked in the olive oil.
- Place this jar in the boiled water. This will allow the olive oil to get heated in the jar and thus will help the oregano leaves to release their natural oil slowly and steadily.
- Remove the jar from the water and keep it aside for 2 weeks with continuous stirring of the mixture.
- After the completion of 2 weeks, strain the oregano oil from the leaves and then put it in another clean jar for use.
How To Store Oregano Oil?
You can be sure of the oregano oil tropical uses, only when you have stored the oil in the right manner and with proper care. The right way to store the oregano oil is to keep it away from the heat substances so that the nutritional value of the oil doesn’t get harmed. Along with this, keep the oil in a cool and dark place to keep it best for a longer time.
How Much Dosage Of Oregano Oil Should I Take Daily?
It is quite important to be aware of the right dosage of the oregano oil before taking it daily. According to the health experts, you can take 200mg of oregano oil 3 times a day regularly. Other than this, you can take around 150mg of oregano oil in the capsule form. The entire quantity of oregano oil is divided into equal parts to protect the body from facing any side effects.
How To Use Oregano Oil?
In most of the cases, oregano oils should not be used directly when consuming. However, it is highly beneficial to mix some of the oregano oil with some water, and other essential natural ingredients like coconut oil, etc.to maximize the wild oregano oil uses. Oregano oil gives the best results when it is used with olive oil. Therefore, you should mix equal quantities of both the ingredients and then use it.
If you are consuming the oregano oil, mix 1-2 drops of oregano oil and mix some amount of water with that. This will dilute the effect of oregano oil and thus will enhance its benefits.
Oregano Oil Benefits For Health, Hair & Skin:
Here we enlisted 18 excellent oregano oil benefits for skin, hair and health. Let’s have a look into them.
Health Benefits Of Oregano Oil:
Oregano oil is the complete solution for all the different health benefits that you expect. The various health benefits of oregano oil help in making the body so amazing that it can overcome all the possible problems and diseases without any skin problems. Oregano oil was also used in the ancient time against most of the health problems as it gave some of the best solutions for that.
Considering the popularity of oregano essential oil benefits, its oil is now being used in many forms and for several health problems for getting instant results. Here are some of the health benefits that you can expect from oregano oil:
1. Antibiotic Properties:
Carvacrol is one of the natural ingredients that are known to have high antibiotic properties. The regular consumption of this compound in any of the form helps in delivering the needed benefits to the body for fighting against the various body and health problems. The nutritional value of oregano oil has a clear indication that it is rich in the composition of carvacrol compound and thus possesses excellent antibiotic properties.
How To Consume:
- You can get the maximum benefits of the antibiotic properties by consuming oregano oil for internal use.
- The antibiotic properties also support the number of wild oregano oil benefits with minimizing the possible side effects on the body.
- You can also enhance the antibiotic properties of the oregano oil by mixing it well with the other natural ingredients like tree tea oil, coconut oil, almond oil, etc.
- It would also be beneficial to consult with your doctor before starting with the dose of oregano oil.
2. Powerful Antioxidant:
Thanks to oregano oil nutrition, it has been observed that the composition of oregano oil is in such a way that it can act as a powerful antioxidant. It can be used against several skin, hair and health problems that your entire personality within no time. Along with the antioxidant properties, the oregano oil also contains the anti-inflammatory properties which benefit the body in the best possible way.
How To Consume:
- You can either use the oregano oil directly for getting the various benefits or you can mix it with some other natural ingredients to enhance the various benefits.
- To be sure that you are getting the best of antioxidant properties of oregano oil, make sure that you invest in getting the pure oregano oil benefits for minimizing the various side effects.
3. Treat Cold:
If you have symptoms of cold and are feeling congested due to the cold, then you should look for the information on how to use oregano oil for cold. Oregano oil is one of the natural remedies that you can try to get rid of cold and its symptoms. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of oregano oil help in bringing the maximum relief in the problem of cold. Other than this, the antioxidants available in oregano oil also help in curing the cold and its symptoms.
How To Do:
- Mix some of the drops of oregano oil in water and then inhale that with your face covered.
- Repeat doing the same for 3-4 times a day to get instant relief from cold.
- Also, you can directly inhale the smell of oregano oil which will open your blocked airways.
- These are some of the “oregano oil benefits for cold” that can be tried.
4. Treat Allergies:
You will be amazed to know the Mediterranean oregano oil uses for the various allergies. As the oregano oil has the ability to get absorbed deep inside the skin, it does brings the best benefits for the various allergies that may happen. Not many people are aware of these oregano oil benefits for skin and thus fail to use the same for their skin allergies. The use of oregano oil not only removes the allergy but also helps in dealing with the symptoms that cause those allergies and thus provides the desired benefits for getting rid of the various allergies.
How To Apply:
- As per the nutritional value of oregano oil, you can also use oregano oil on face for fighting against allergies like pimples, skin irritations, etc.
- For best and instant results, mix some of the oregano oil with coconut oil or olive oil and then apply and massage on the affected areas.
- Repeating these massages for 3-4 times a day will bring some significant results against the allergies.
5. Oregano Oil For Arthritis, Joint and Muscle Pains:
The major oregano essential oil uses works effectively for the problem of arthritis, joint and muscle pains. The oil can penetrate the skin deeply and hence provides the best benefits in the easiest way possible. The anti-inflammatory properties of oregano oil help in reducing the problem along with benefiting the body with its health improvements. The regular use of oregano oil on the affected parts, reduce the pain and increases the mobility within no time. It has been suggested by some of the health experts as well to try oregano against joint pains.
How To Apply:
- Mix some of the drops of oregano oil with 1 tablespoon of moringa oil and then apply this mixture on the affected body parts.
- The oil will get easily absorbed by the body parts and thus will bring the needed relief instantly.
- You can massage the affected for 3-4 times in a day.
See More: Oregano Benefits
6. Oregano Oil For Menstrual Issues:
Oregano oil is also known to be a natural emmenagogue which can stimulate all the problems that are faced by women with irregular periods. One of the pure oregano oil uses is to reduce the menstrual issues including the pain, nausea, vomiting, etc. It can also be used to balance the hormonal and mood irregularities which may create other problems during the menstrual cycle. As the regular use of oregano oil can cause some contractions in the uterus, therefore, it should be avoided during the pregnancy.
How To Consume or Apply:
- Mix some of the drops of oregano oil and ginger oil and include it in your diet for some days before your menstrual cycle.
- You can also continue having this mixture even during your menstrual cycle.
- If you still face some pain, then add some oregano oil with coconut oil and massage on the lower abdomen for getting the wild Mediterranean oregano oil benefits for menstrual pain.
7. Treat Urinary Tract Infections:
Out of the many organic oregano oil benefits, one of the major ones is its ability to treat urinary tract infections. The antioxidants present in the oregano oil helps in balancing the blood circulation in the urinary area along with helping it to fight against the possible problems. Also, oregano oil is also high in its anti-infectious and anti-bacterial properties and thus can be used for fighting against the number of infections that may hinder the normal functioning.
How To Consume:
- Along with using the oregano oil drops with coconut oil, you can also make the use of various wild oregano oil capsules benefits.
- Also, to get the desired results against the urinary tract infections you should also be aware of how to use essential oregano oil.
8. Oregano Oil Helps You To Lose Weight:
If you are looking for a natural ingredient for losing weight, then you should oregano oil for weight loss. Oregano oil weight loss is one of the most natural ways of losing weight along with strengthening the body against the various other types of difficulties. With the regular oregano oil uses for weight loss, you will get the desired results without compromising anything with your health. Rather the regular application of oregano oil for weight loss will help in balancing the various other symptoms and factors that may be hindering the normal functioning of the body. Oregano oil and weight loss are now being used together when many of the heart experts have highlighted the oregano oil uses for weight loss.
How To Consume:
- You can add some drops of oregano oils with amla juice and have a teaspoon after every meal.
- Along with this, you can also get the benefits of oregano tea weight loss method.
9. Cancer-Fighting Properties:
The anti-mutagenic effects of the oregano oil can help in understanding the maximum of oregano oil capsules benefits against the symptoms of cancer. Along with the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of oregano oil, the anti-bacterial properties also play a significant role in helping the body to fight against the cancer-causing cells. Not only this, the effective and regular use of oregano oil for cancer treatment can help in stimulating the blood circulation in the body and thus helps in increasing the growth of healthy cells in the body.
How To Consume:
- The various Doterra oregano oil uses have been suggested by many of the health experts and thus can be easily trusted.
- Mix some of the oregano oil drops with amla oil and tree tea oil and then take it with your meals.
- Also, be sure to consult with your doctor before starting with the use of oregano oil for treating the cancer-causing problems.
10. Treat Stomach Issues:
Thanks to the irregular food habits and eating anything or everything, there can be several stomach issues that you can face. Some of the common problems that occur are an upset stomach, infections, bloating, an excess amount of acids, etc. All of these could cause several health issues that need special attention. In all of these problems, you can take the maximum advantages of the oregano oil vitamins along with the wild oregano oil health benefits. The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammation properties of oregano oil help in treating all the stomach infections in the best possible way.
How To Consume:
- Along with using oregano oil in general ways, you can also use it with lemon tea.
- Mix some drops of oregano oil with lemon or peppermint tea and stir well.
- Have this tea after your meal and avoid all the possible stomach issues with the benefits of oregano oil drops.
11. Oregano Oil For Dogs, Cats, and Pets:
If you have pets, then you would be aware of the care and attention that they need for their survival. Just like humans, pets such as a dog, cat, etc. needs special care and attention for their health and growth. Many facts support the various oregano essential oil uses for taking care of your pets. Moreover, the use of oregano oil on the skin of the pets does not bring any side effects on their body.
How To Apply:
- You can add some drops of oregano oil with coconut oil and then apply on the affected body parts of your pets.
- Other than this, you can also mix some of the oregano oil with water and use the same for bathing your pets whenever scheduled.
- The use of oregano oil on your pet’s skin will also make it smoother and glowing within no time.
Oregano Oil Benefits For Skin:
Here we enlisted top 5 oregano oil uses for skin. Let’s have a look into them.
12. Prevent Acne:
If you are suffering from acne and are looking for a natural ingredient to prevent the problem of acne, then you can make the use of oregano oil on the skin. Thanks to the various antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties of oregano oil, it can be safely used against the problem of acne along with its symptoms. Oregano oil contains, carvacrol, which is known to reduce the acne-causing cells inside the body along with helping the growth of healthy tissues in the body.
How To Apply:
- This is one of the major uses of oregano oil for skin problems.
- Mix some of the oregano oil with aloe vera gel along with some water and then apply it on the skin.
- Apply this mixture on your skin on a daily basis and witness the changes happening to your acne problem.
- Do not apply oregano oil directly on the acne as it may cause some complications.
See More: Dried Oregano Benefits
One of the best oregano oil uses is its ability to reduce anti-ageing symptoms. You cannot stop the growing signs of ageing with time, but you can surely delay the visibility of such signs on your skin. The oregano oil uses for skin majorly deals with reducing the problem of the skin and aging on the face like wrinkles, fine lines, etc. Many skin experts have also supported the use of oregano oil for the skin to make it smooth and flawless.
How To Apply:
- The various antioxidants present in oregano oil become the core ingredient for reducing the symptoms of aging from the skin.
- For getting the best results of using oregano oil on the face, you should mix it with the right ingredients.
- To get effective skin benefits of oregano oil, mix around 20 drops of oregano oil with coconut oil and apply it on your face every night before sleeping.
- Within no time, you will witness the best results.
14. Treat Cold Sores:
Cold sores are small yet painful blisters that appear either on the lips or areas near the mouth. There are many different medications available for cold sores but not all of them suit everybody. Oregano oil for skin infection, as well as oregano oil for skin rash, works the best as it gets easily absorbed by the skin and then directly works on the root cause of the problem. The regular use of oregano oil on the problem can reduce the problem as well as can reduce the swelling and other associated factors very conveniently.
How To Apply:
- Mix some drops of oregano oil with neem oil and coconut oil and then apply it to the cold sores for about 3-4 times.
- Try and cover the cold sore, if you are going out after the application of this mixture.
- During the night, apply this mixture and leave for the entire night to get the maximum oregano oil uses and benefits.
15. Reduce Warts:
Warts are the growth of unwanted tissues on either the feet, hands or on any other parts of the body. They generally are painful and should be treated with the best medication so as they do not get worse. One of the major health benefits of oregano oil is that it can reduce the problem of warts from the root. The high amount of carvacrol and other antioxidants in oregano oil makes it easy for the users to get the needed relief against the problem of warts.
How To Apply:
- You have to be regular on the application for making the most of oregano oil uses for the skin.
- Mix some drops of oregano oil with neem oil and then apply this mixture on the wart using a cotton ball for about 4-5 times in a day.
- After the application of oregano oil on the wart, cover it for enhancing the oregano oil supplement benefits.
16. Treat Toenail Fungus:
Toenail fungus or infection is the common problem that most of the people are nowadays facing. There are no specific reasons as to why this problem occurs, but it is happening to most of the people. If you are tired of using different skin creams and dedications and not getting the results, then you should try oregano oil for skin fungus. The anti-inflammatory and anti-infectious properties of oregano oil help in reducing the problem of toenail infection and fungus.
How To Apply:
- Curing the toenail infection with oregano oil is simple as well as effective.
- You should mix some drops of oregano oil in warm water and then soak your toe in it for 10-15 minutes.
- After this, apply the mixture of oregano oil and neem oil on the affected toenail and get the benefits.
- The anti-fungal properties will not only minimize the fungus but will also bring relief in the pain.
Oregano Oil Benefits For Hair:
Here we enlisted top 2 oregano oil uses for hair. Let’s have a look into them.
17. Promote Hair Growth:
Oregano oil for hair growth is one of the best solutions that you can try for making your hair healthy, shinier and smoother. As oregano oil has very fewer side effects on the quality of hair, it can be easily used for getting the maximum benefits on improving the hair quality. The antioxidants available in the oregano oil helps in stimulating the blood flow in the scalp and thus helps in making oregano oil for hair growth one of the best choices.
How To Apply:
- Mix some of the oregano oil with coconut oil, olive oil, and tree tea oil and then apply it on your scalp and hair for 30 minutes.
- You can also leave it overnight for enhancing its impact on hair growth.
- Apply this mixture for twice a week and get the desired benefits for making the hair grow at a much faster speed.
18. Cures Dandruff:
Dandruff is the problem that occurs quite easily and then takes a lot of time to get cured. It can happen to anyone of any age and causes a lot of other scalp problems like dryness, itchiness, etc. Oregano oil for hair is one of the best solutions that you can try and get a permanent solution for dandruff within a week. It also brings relief to the other associated problems of dandruff along with removing the major one.
How To Apply:
- The anti-fungal properties and anti-infectious properties of oregano oil bring maximum relief against dandruff.
- You can mix some of the drops of oregano oil with your shampoo before applying the same on your hair to get benefits of oregano oil hair loss.
- Apart from this, you can also mix oregano oil and coconut oil in the same quantity and then massage your scalp with this.
- Along with dandruff, oregano for hair growth is also recommended.
Side Effects Of Oregano Oil:
Along with the various oregano oil benefits, there are some of the side effects of the ingredient, if it is taken in an inappropriate amount. Also, to get the maximum benefits from oregano oil, you should be sure of how to use oregano oil for your needs. Overall, the oregano oil does not have any side effects when taken in the recommended amount.
The following could be the side effects of oregano oil if it is taken in overdose:
- Upset stomach
- Skin allergies
- Trouble breathing
- Drop-in blood sugar levels
- Skin irritation
Therefore, before making the use of oregano oil extract benefits, you should consult with your doctor or health expert.
The various oregano oil uses help the body in many ways. It can be your all-in-one solution that can help you transform your personality into something that you have always wished and desired. Moreover, oregano oil is so extracted that it suits all types of body needs and thus can easily be trusted on.
If you need some more information on the oregano oil benefits or on the oregano oil nutrition facts, then do comment below. We would try and get back to you with the best possible answer to your doubts and concern so that you can use oregano oil for your needs without any worries.