Looking at an anchor tattoo, there comes a common idea in every bodies mind “The person is a sailor.” However, it may not be related to the sailors, as an anchor tattoo has been in fashion for ages. An anchor is one way to express the power and strength that can hold or control any situation, similar to the sea waves. Yes, that’s ideally what an anchor means. Just as anchors are used to dock ships and keep them in place, anchor tattoo designs resemble the sole responsibility to control the flow of anything related to it, more like the Godfather. Well, that can be one idea. However, thousands of people have millions of ideas for getting an anchor tattoo inked, which may vary depending on the side, style, colour, body part, and so!
So, we have solved your issue by choosing the best tattoo design that matches your imagination. Here is a list of the 22 best anchor tattoo designs with different sizes, shapes, and colours, and a free suggestion is suitable for which skin tone etc.
20+ Best Anchor Tattoo Designs:
Here are the top 15 anchor tattoo designs and meanings you may like to sport.
1. Anchor Forearm Tattoo:
The first to the anchor tattoos list includes a rope squirmed across the anchor’s entire length, the anchor, as usual, facing downwards, breathing importance to the tattoo. The rope around the anchor has flowers attached to it, portraying sweetness to your journey.
2. Small Anchor Tattoo:
3. Infinity Anchor Tattoo:
4. Anchor Compass Tattoo:
5. Ship Anchor Tattoo:
6. Tree Anchor Tattoo:
7. Couple Anchor Tattoo:
8. Anchor Tattoo on Finger:
9. The Wheel And The Anchor:
Along with the anchor, this tattoo also contains the steering wheel of the ship or boat, depicting how the wheel is an eminent part of the journey, reaching us to our destination as the rope-tangled anchor on the front maintains consistency by keeping our feet on the ground. It is one of the best anchor tattoo designs.
10. Anchor Cross Tattoo on Ankle:
The best thing about a charm bracelet is carrying all your favourite items compacted in one bracelet chain. Here in this tattoo, we see a beautiful charm anklet with three of the most important signs, a heart portraying love, a cross depicting faith and an anchor to keep your weight balanced. It is one of the famous anchor tattoo designs for girls.
11. To The Beloveds:
This tattoo has a sign for every believer that one should idealize. The sign of infinity at the very start asks you to keep going on, even at the mouth of failure, while the sturdy wooden anchor has not only the words family etched on it but also a heart sign with a dash of floral entwined on the side.
12. A Splash Of Sea Life:
13. Concocted Of Flowers:
Here is a feminine touch to your anchor tattoo where vines and floral patterns will adorn the entire length of your tattoo as the anchor faces down, ready to settle down. These tattoos also look beautiful in black shades but mostly get coloured to give them a different look. It looks best on the waist, back and arms. This is one of the best anchor tattoo designs for women.
14. Memorable Anchor Tattoo:
These anchor tattoo designs are carried out by people who have lost their loved ones and want to dedicate a tattoo to them. This kind of dedication is also widely carried out by those related to the ocean or who have lost someone. The tattoo carries an anchor, with a wrapped ribbon carrying the name of the loved one and the date when he was lost. This tattoo is widely accepted on the wrist, back and leg.
15. Disney-Themed Anchor Tattoo:
The anchor tattoos are also widely used by Disney cartoon lovers. This tattoo carries an anchor with the famous Walt Disney Cartoon character, Mickey Mouse. Mickey’s face is so beautifully fixed in the anchor, and various colours are used to make it more attractive. This tattoo also shows the adventure of Mickey with the sea or ocean. This kind of tattoo is carried on the legs, back or arms. Below the Mickey Mouse is a small wrap for mentioning the name. Teens widely carry out this kind of tattoo. It is one of the best anchor tattoo designs for men.
See More: Mickey Mouse Tattoo Designs
16. Anchor With Bubbles And Stars:
- Best Suitable For: Looks stunning on women.
- Preferable Ink: Black, blue, and peach ink is used to add this beautiful tattoo design to your style statement.
- Where: On the leg at the side of your ankle, this looks sexier.
- Size: This is a small-size tattoo design, though medium also looks good.
- Skin Tone: Best for fair skin tone.
17. Neck Anchor Tattoo:
These anchor designs are getting popular among many youngsters around the world. An anchor tattoo’s meaning can be easily known with such simple tattoos. These kinds of tattoos symbolise safety, stability, protected love, etc. This tattoo can be carried out with dark black ink and various colours. Here the grey shade gives the anchor tattoo a marvellous look. The rope wrapped is also given beautiful shadings to give it an attractive look. Such tattoos are carried out on the neck and can be made invisible quickly.
18. Feathery Anchor Tattoo:
Men, mainly in America now carry out this kind of girly anchor tattoo. This anchor tattoo symbolises two objects, the anchor and the feather. The feather here indicates bravery, courage, freedom and travel, while the anchor indicates love and stability. This tattoo is widely carried on the wrist, arms, legs, back and neck. But some girls also prefer getting this tattoo inked on their belly or lower back and waist. This tattoo can also be made using various colours to give it an attractive look.
19. Anchor Compass Tattoo on Hand:
- Best Suitable For: Ideal for men, girls can also give it a try.
- Preferable Ink: Blue, pink, violet and black ink is preferred to ink this beautiful tattoo design.
- Where: On the arms just below the elbow joint.
- Size: Medium-size tattoo design; this is.
- Skin Tone: Looks fantastic on fair skin tone.
20. Anchor Heart Tattoo on Wrist:
- Best Suitable For: Ideal for women.
- Preferable Ink: Black colour ink is mostly preferred to draw this heart anchor tattoo design.
- Where: Looks good on the arms, can also try on the chest.
- Size: This is a small-size tattoo design.
- Skin Tone: Dark, wheat, and fair. This suits all skin tones.
21. Anchor Bird Tattoo:
- Best Suitable For: Looks excellent on men and women both.
- Preferable Ink: Black colour ink is preferred for this tattoo design. Also, you are free to play with colours.
- Where: At the back near the shoulder.
- Size: Medium-size tattoo design this is.
- Skin Tone: Fair skin tone is perfect for this. But it also looks good on wheat-skin people.
See More: Sailor Tattoo Designs
22. Tribal Anchor Tattoo:
- Best Suitable For: Ideal for men.
- Preferable Ink: Black colour ink is mainly preferred for this tattoo design.
- Where: This anchor tattoo is best for the arms.
- Size: Medium-size tattoo design; this is.
- Skin Tone: Looks fantastic on fair-skin-tone people.
Before and After Care Tips:
- Firstly choose the proper design. The design is the most important step, followed by where you want to get it done.
- Read the online reviews and visit in person to check out the health standards. Make sure they do not revamp the used needles, or you might have blood diseases.
- Aftercare advice will vary from one tattoo artist to the other. At times even artists in the same studio will have different ideas for healing your tattoos. Listen to your artist’s instructions and follow the steps to recover soon.
- You should apply a thin layer of unscented moisturising cream or whatever your artist recommends. This will help you to prevent infections.
The anchor tattoos are becoming a style icon with a beautiful meaning and different objects. They look cute and sweet when inked on the neck, wrist and behind the ears. Such tattoos are trendy among those engaged in the navy and sailors or inspired by pirates. These tattoos are now becoming the choice of many worldwide tattoo lovers.